My First Gallery Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I just spent a week in Maui and took quite a few pics. Unfortunately, I couldn't get much shore diving in, but did manage to get a couple of boat dives in.

Here's a link to my gallery posts http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14299/cat/500/page/1 .

The camera was a Coolpix 4300 set to no flash with a CP4-Pro housing. Software used to edit was the Nikon Editor that came with the camera.

If you see any fish named wrong, let me know as I'm new at fish ID'ing. I will add names to the ones that are not named.

Here's a couple of my favorites.

When I first saw the little guy on the left, I thought it was a piece of seaweed floating around.

great pics Quarrior! The little juvenile rock mover does look like a piece of seaweed... so do the little leaf scorpion fish... did you see any of those?

Uncle Pug:
great pics Quarrior! The little juvenile rock mover does look like a piece of seaweed... so do the little leaf scorpion fish... did you see any of those?
Thanks U.P. Sure didn't see any of the leaf scorpions, then again, being on a guided dive tends to limit the time to look for critters. DM's kept the gang moving. He got a little irritated at me because I was the first in the water and last on the boat. He told us we could stay in the water until we had 500 psi left, I don't what his issue was. lol

Hopefully if I ever make it to Maui again, the weather will cooperate and I'll get some shore dives in.

Now you're asking technical stuff. Have to see if I can find the info, memory sucks. I used a couple different operators. They actually did a good job of showing everyone stuff, just that they had to keep the group moving and didn't allow for people to do their own thing. I'm guessing that's an insurance thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom