My first drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking at purchasing my first drysuit. The diving will be coastal NC diving and local quarry diving (temps in mid to low 50's). The suits I have been looking at are
DUI TLS
Pinnacle Evolution
Pinnacle Freedom

I am not looking to spend an arm and a leg, so I want to get good value for my money.
I want something tough to stand up to the possible abbrasion from the rusty wrecks.

Anyone's opinions who have bought these suits?

You may want to look at a CLX450 instead of the TLS if you want added protection from abrasion. That said, either one of those suits or at least a half dozen other brands and models wil do the job for you.

I have recently bought a Pinnacle Evolution 2. I couldn't be happier. It is built like a tank. But easy to dive and it won't break the bank either. I got mine for less than $1400, custom. The seals and the exterior should last forever. Includes inflator hose and drysuit hood and carry bag.

Either the TLS or CLX from DUI will do you well for the diving you describe.

Temps are not really an issue, except to select the weight of undergarment. A half dozen brands and models will handle the temp given proper undergarment.

The bigger issue is how often you plan to dive and how many times you want to have to replace the suit in the future. If you are an avid diver, don't scrimp on the money or take too much advice from folks who just bought a suit and love it--they're all great when they're new.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom