My first dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTravlin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got bored of taking pictures so this trip I started shooting video just for a change of pace. I had no intention of making a movie but strange things happen late at night. Anyway, I learned a lot putting this together and, hopefully, the next one will be better. Keep in mind this was shot using a Canon A720 point & shoot digital camera.

[video=youtube_share;zrXnMpxcUNI]http://youtu.be/zrXnMpxcUNI[/video]

Making me homesick. Nice work. Lighting would make a world of difference in the colors. Very enjoyable.

Nice!

I now pronouce you officially hooked

Loved the school of juvenile spotted drums!!!!

Wasn't that wild? I've never seen so many in one spot. Think there was about ten of them but it was hard to count as they were flitting about so much.

AWESOME video!!!! Nicely done . . . I enjoyed watching it!!! You captured some incredible shots. . . . the spotted eagle rays . . . the juvi drums . . . the turtles . . . and how many lobster??????
Nice choice of music too!!! What were the dive sites? How many different dives were included?

We were on the boat with you in July . . . remember . . . my wife had that panic episode and could not descend. I'm happy to report that she has spent some time with an instructor working in the pool to try and get that confidence back. She's looking forward to our next dive trip in a couple of months. I confident that we'll get through this bugger . . . She's a tough cookie . . . she's run 12 marathons, finished an Ironman Triathlon and she just signed up for a 50 Mile Ultra Marathon in August 2012.

Happy New Year!

AWESOME video!!!! Nicely done . . . I enjoyed watching it!!! You captured some incredible shots. . . . the spotted eagle rays . . . the juvi drums . . . the turtles . . . and how many lobster??????
Nice choice of music too!!! What were the dive sites? How many different dives were included?

We were on the boat with you in July . . . remember . . . my wife had that panic episode and could not descend. I'm happy to report that she has spent some time with an instructor working in the pool to try and get that confidence back. She's looking forward to our next dive trip in a couple of months. I confident that we'll get through this bugger . . . She's a tough cookie . . . she's run 12 marathons, finished an Ironman Triathlon and she just signed up for a 50 Mile Ultra Marathon in August 2012.

Happy New Year!

Yes, certainly I remember. Glad to hear she's working through that!

Thanks for the kind words on the vid. There were 15 lobsters under that ledge. I like to call it the extended family platter.

All the footage was taken over the course of six tanks at the following sites: Cantarelle, San Juan, Punta Tunich, Cedral Wall, Santa Rosa Wall and one special custom dive which I am not at liberty to divulge.

Too bad there isn't a really really like button.

Fantastic.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom