My favorite "get wet" place: Hathaways Pond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tye1138

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There are many places in New England to go when your bored and just wanna get wet. However, my favorite place is Hathaways pond down in Barnstable. Fresh water is great because you don't have to clean your gear. It's a cool place because fellow divers have put in a lot of "attractions" from an old Saab to a decent sized cabin cruiser. I use to teach day 2 of my confined water at the pond because it allowed students to get into wet suits and get over those nerves before going into the open water.

Needless to say, in the 15 years I've been going to Hathaway's, it's only gotten better. I remember my first visit in spring of 2000, water temp was in the low 40's and I was in a wet suit. Ohh those memories!

I live on the west coast today, focused more on my filmmaking career then anything else. However, for the last three years, I've been going back to New England and re-visiting these places and it's been a lot of fun. This past summer, I shot a little video that came out good that I'd like to share of my favorite "Get Wet" place in New England! Enjoy!

[video=youtube;L7_aOu7bsRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7_aOu7bsRQ[/video]

did my cert dives there around 9 years ago...awesome

I was back east seeing family and made a couple of dives there for old times sake, haven't dove there since the mid '60's.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom