My experience with @buddhasummer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Diablo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to take a few minutes to share with you my recent interaction with Simon, aka @buddhasummer

Long story short, I was desperately trying to find a replacement cover for my 2002 Scubapro S600 / Mk25 combo. It is an old regulator set that I maintain in literally pristine condition and because it means a lot to me for personal reasons I wish to keep it and preserve like new.

Generally, manufacturers are not obliged by law to offer any replacement parts after 10 years of any items being produced. Fair enough, I was unable to find this part number in Scubapro Germany nor Greece. This is where Simon and Scubapro Japan came to the rescue. The price, negotiation and transaction went all super smooth as expected from the feedback I read from other forum members. What I wasn't expecting is for him to really be tracking my order when my shipment got kind of 'lost' and help me find a solution... he literally messaged me every day and furthermore, we got to know slightly each other. That is a privilege and he genuinely is a nice person.

Today, I finally managed to get my package. One more happy customer.

So KUDOS @buddhasummer and looking forward to do business with you again :)

Attachments

• 1657539928888.png
    1657539928888.png
    185 KB · Views: 89
  • S600.jpg
    S600.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 95
Folks should also realize however that he is not a business, but just a guy willing to help. He takes on quite a bit with getting quotes, working through issues, and putting capital out to get things for us. Even the coordination of shipping can and is challenging.

I must add it's not always just me, many folk here have either helped re shipping or offered help, there's been a few orders, one in particular that would never have happened without someone who wishes not to be named. @lexvil has been instrumental in getting a few orders delivered state side as has @Couv. I've received numerous offers in the past, especially when it got really hard, of assistance so a big thanks to you guys too.

As much as of late it's been quite a headache I did enjoy doing it. Having not much work I have had a lot of time on my hands and it's been a saving distraction on more that one occasion.

SB is full of some very amazing people who will go out of their way to help, offer advice and share their knowledge. I'm glad I found SB although my wallet and OCD not so much.

Appreciate the kind words, usually more than happy to help.

Thank you.

I always pleased with Simon whenever I needed his help, either guidance or his opinion or some parts/equipment what not. He is very nice dude to have in this forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom