My DIR F Class Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay:
Mgri! Great to hear from you, man...

I just bought a truck - got rid of the BMW and bought this supernice SuperCrew. With a trailer hitch.

...And we should be picking up our boat in the next week or two. :D Ready to go diving? It's gonna get serious now...

you name the time and place and I'll bring the gas money
:snorkel:

I'm so glad you posted this. It's an absolutely amazing story. I know what you mean about instructors who give you the test before you get the material. It's very stressful, but it sounds very much like you rose to the occasion.
The more I read about the DIR-F class, the more interesting it sounds, but sadly I'm a long, long way from being ready for such a class.

Thanks again for sharing your story. It means a lot that you are willing to write all this down and bare your soul to us!

SeaJay, we need to set something up for some diving, some time next year.....do you think we can agree on a destination? :)

scuba_luv:
I'm so glad you posted this. It's an absolutely amazing story. I know what you mean about instructors who give you the test before you get the material. It's very stressful, but it sounds very much like you rose to the occasion.
The more I read about the DIR-F class, the more interesting it sounds, but sadly I'm a long, long way from being ready for such a class.

Thanks again for sharing your story. It means a lot that you are willing to write all this down and bare your soul to us!

Thanks for your comments. I will tell you it isn't really easy to tell the whole world your short comings.

This class was an emotional one. There is so much knowledge to take in. So many physical demands. But what you come away with is amazing when it all comes together.

Mark, I would love to see you again. Any time you want to come down here and go diving just let us know. I will try to put something together soon so we can all dive together. OK?

Jep. You know that SeaJay and I are the same person, that's why our writing is similar. Hahaha

Congratulations, huzzah and all that!

I just had one question, er...Isn't the first page the exact same thing SeaJay said? Are you two like Simese twins or something? :eyebrow:

Yeah, we're joined at the... No, wait... That'll get me banned again. :D

Suffice to say that that's my girl, y'all... Man, am I proud of her. I can't wait for y'all to see the pictures that we took of her in the water.

The weekend after the class she and I did some skills in the Parris Island (Marine base) pool here - they let us on the base because we're SAR divers.

...Anyway, the pool is huge - something like the size of a football field, with a 15' deep end. All indoor, too.

She was looking exceptionally good in her form that weekend, so I burned up the roll of film from our Fundies class having her pose in perfect trim and silently still - mimicking the stuff that I saw AndrewG and Mike Kane do a year and a half ago. She looked like a little genie hovering there. With a good shadow cast on the bottom, it gives the viewer a good perspective of the "hover."

I can't wait to show y'all...

man Seajay thought you dropped off face earth good to see you still around.
we mised ya .
no matter what Jep says about writing.

Seajay, Robyn and company, we should plan a trip up to Wilmington for some diving. Dove the Hyde and the Markham last weekend and it was incredible! Saturday; 5 to 6 foot seas with 10ft vis. (got to ride the ladder, yippee) Sunday; 4 to 6 inch seas (no kidding) 75ft vis. What a difference a day makes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom