My dealings with DiveInn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warhammer

Reaction score
I raised some question to ordering gear from DiveInn a while back and I'd like to give the members here the full story, now that it has been resolved. Well at least it's resolved as far as I'm concerned.

A few months ago, I was in need of a DIN to Yoke adapter so that I could use my regs on tanks with Yoke valves without going through the trouble of swapping the reg fittings out. Well my LDS didn't have any and wasn't going to be able to get the one I wanted until after a planned trip of mine. So I decided to order it online. I wanted an Apeks DIN to Yoke Adapter, mainly because I have Apeks regs, but also because I liked the looks of it the best. So I checked DiveInn's website and they didn't have it listed, but they did have another brand listed, don't remember the brand name but it was one I'd never heard of. Anyway, I emailed them asking if they carried the Apeks, since they had Apeks regs. A few days latter Michelle of DiveInn replied that they did in fact have them and that all I had to do to order one was order the one they had listed on their website and then tell them in the comment section that I wanted the Apeks instead. Sounded simple enough, but I hesitated to order it under those conditions. I thought about for a day or so and decided to go ahead a order it, so I did. Two weeks later the package arrived and inside was an Aqualung DIN to Yoke converter, not Apeks, not even the one they had listed but an Aqualung. I decided I just keep it if it worked rather then bother with the hassle of exchanging it. A day or two later I finally got around to trying it and lo and behold it didn't fit properly. It would only grab 2 threads, make 2 complete revolutions, before bottoming out. And when looking down into it, you could plainly see that it wasn't completely incasing the DIN's O-ring. I didn't feel comfortable with it, so I emailed Michelle requesting to return it. Two weeks went by and not a word from Michelle or DiveInn. I sent another email and waited a few more days, still nothing. A few days later I called them and finally got through only to be told Michelle wasn't in. I left her a message and waited another 3 days without response. Finally, I got an email from Inez of DiveInn appologizing for the delay and requesting I try it again. I explained the situation to him and he then replied agreeing to send me the Apeks. So I mailed the one I had to their person in Florida, as instructed. About two weeks later after confirming that I had returned the Aqualung, Inez sent the Apeks to me. About a week later I got it. But guess what, wrong one again!!! They sent me an Apeks Yoke to DIN conversion kit. What on earth made them think that was what I wanted?

Personally, I'm tired of messing with it and want be asking to return it. I also want be ordering anything else from them. If anyone needs a brand new Apeks Yoke to DIN converter, email me.

I tried to place an order with them two days ago... yesterday I got an email that said I left something off a form that they needed to complete the order. I sent them the requested info and I still haven't heard back....

Got my shipment today.. as advertised, 4 days after I sent them the information they requested.

Only complaint:

Theynever acknowledged that they were able to complete the order.

I placed an order with them on Saturday, and received it, as ordered, the following Thursday (4 biz days). I got an email confirmation that the order was placed, and when I asked for the DHL tracking number, they gave it to me right away.

In fact, I ordered the Suunto Cobra w/ Compass, and it didn't come with the optional cover when you remove the compass. When I asked DiveINN about it, they said they usually don't include it, but b/c they had some in, would promptly ship one out to me!

I got my warranty card, manuals & everything from them, and I plan on buying the rest of my equipment from them.

flounderUVA

I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of equipment through DiveInn and have had only perfect results!
I am sorry to hear that Warhammer had such a rough go of it. Miscommunication does occur-especially with the language barrier-here's an example. I added, by email, a Mares Trolley to my all ready placed order. 4 days later I get a tank TRAILER!!!! How imbarassing to walk down to the lake with my cute little tank trailer in tow, carrying my all to heavy 80' alum.!!!!!!!!!!
I told DiveInn I got the wrong thing and they said "No problem, just return it on us" I never got around to doing it, went to Bonaire instead, but I still wasn't using the trailer and wanted to return it. Then, about 6 weeks after getting the trailer I get an email from Inez: "Mike, are you still interested in returning the trailer and getting the Mares, Trolley?? You still can. The shipping will be paid by us since it was our mistake. Here is what you do....."
Man!!! 6 weeks later and she still asks me if I want to return it let a lone remembers my name!!!!!!!! I am impressed.
I talk with DiveInn fairly regularly, so I'll see what I can do for you Warhammer. I assure you your experience was unusual.
I'll email Inez tonight.

With my Scuba pro MK20 S600 they were supposed to send Din to Yoke convertors. The regs were 200 bar. They sent Aqualungs and they don't fit. They told me to recheck them. Gee, Hook them up to the tank, turn the valve on and air is rushing out because they wont fit, what am I supposed to recheck. On mt cylinders they do seem to keep the air from coming out though, since there ain't any in them. They do work for 300 bar though but I kinda thought it was a stupid question. Took 2 months to get them to tell me to send them to the guy in florida and they'll send out scuba pro's. Haven't gotten them to the post office to send yet. They offered to pay but I'm not home during the day to wait for DHL and the post office is about a block away, DHL is about an hour away for a drop off. Huge pain in the A$$.
Not real happy with there service. Also, I paid $351 for the regs. Saw it on there sight for $319. They said it was a mistake and they were really $351 and changed the price on the site. 1 week later they drop the price to $319. HMMMM. What's up with that.:( :upset:

I've ordered thousands worth of stuff from them and you'd think they'd go out of there way to make you happy when you're buying volume. I was ordering about $1200 a week. Haven't made another order since.

Back
Top Bottom