My Daily Key Largo Diving Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itsrob

Reaction score
Ok, since many of you have been asking about conditions in key largo from time to time, I am going to try kind of an online log book. I dive almost daily, as I am a dive guide, and an instructor. I will let you know where I went for the day, and how the conditions where. If you have any questions, about anything key largo related, feel free to msg me, I will anwer any think I can. also, please let me know if you think this is a good idea, and I should continue, or if its a waste of time. Thanks, and enjoy...hope its useful for someone.

7/20/03

Speigel Grove

conditions were very good overall. Calm seas, very good viz, but somewhat of a strong current.

Marine Life: I have been diving on the Grove since its opening about a year ago. The fish life, and growth on the wreck seems to just about double every few months. Its getting better and better everytime I see it.

Molassas Reef

Conditions were excellent. Seas almost flat calm, excellent viz, light currents.

Marine Life: Nothing out of the ordinary, but whats ordinary for Molassas. You never know what you are going to see here. Ive been to mo many many times, and in honestly never gets boring.

Snapper Ledge

Conditions were good. Seas almost flat calm, excellent Viz, current pretty strong.

Marine Life: Almost always nurse sharks here. great dive site, one of my favorites.

I'm new to the board........but it seems like a good idea to me.
Thanks for your effort.

Since you obviously are familiar with Key Largo what charter boat would you recomend and how is the Ocean Point Suites? I am traveling there in October with 3 buddies for a 3day dive weekend.

That liveaboard you mentioned looks really good but are there any good 1 day charters you would recommend. I am coming down (from ST. Louis) Aug. 24-27 and would like to get in a couple days of diving.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Blue Water Divers. Very well run operation, normally with a max of 6 on the boat. Fellow Board Member Key Largo Brent works there and he and the other staff are very helpful with filling your wishes/needs.

Back
Top Bottom