My Compressor build

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps this may be of good reference documentation for you to keep on file; manuals for some models are unobtanium:
upload_2021-2-2_11-36-56.png

upload_2021-2-2_11-37-51.png

upload_2021-2-2_11-39-0.png

upload_2021-2-2_11-40-6.png

Thanks. No manuals for my 130R2103.:( The drawings above show at patent search together with some text.

Got the vibration isolators that tbone suggested installed between the compressor and the mounting plate. Also measured, ordered and installed the drive belt. I’m expecting the electric cord and switch assembly to be delivered tomorrow. Also will cut the mounting plate base and start fabricating the fan shroud this weekend.
3B580AA0-417D-4452-BC54-C663C2691C4D.jpeg

Very nice job on your build. About ten years or so ago I had a Cornelius compressor but I don't remember what size motor I had on it. I later sold it to an air rifle enthusiast. It took forever to fill a 72 cu. ft tank so I bought a used Bauer Purus. Your build is so much better than the one I had. Again nice job.
I found a few photos of my old compressor and posted below

XNKWYU0l.jpg

8iCGkZBl.jpg

3fYS2Ral.jpg

Very nice job on your build. About ten years or so ago I had a Cornelius compressor but I don't remember what size motor I had on it. I later sold it to an air rifle enthusiast. It took forever to fill a 72 cu. ft tank so I bought a used Bauer Purus. Your build is so much better than the one I had. Again nice job.
I found a few photos of my old compressor and posted below

View attachment 640295

View attachment 640296

View attachment 640297
Thank you for the kind words. I have a pic of your compressor saved on my computer and believe it or not it’s the one that gave me the inspiration to build this one.

I'm disappointed in the removal of duct tape from the build. That was it's character signature....

Thanks for posting all the pics!

Compressor should turn at 3400 to 3500 RPM
Unit will pump to 3000PSI> i have a copy of the original post in the magazine
Jim Shelden
316-992-0505
I have a copy as well. It calls for a 3450 rpm motor with a 4” pulley. The compressor gets a 2” pulley according to the article. This figures out to a final compressor rpm of 6900.

Back
Top Bottom