My choice for a dry suit would be ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could be wrong on the model. It was the one with the crushed Neo bottom half.

FLX50/50

and yea...the crushed neoprene sucks. Makes it heavy and takes a long time to dive.

I've dived a USIA Bioflex before; the outside seemed about as tough as a burlap sack (which is good, in this case). I take it the Pinnacle Evo 2 has a similar outer layer?

There was definitely a difference in swim speed between the USIA and a 7mm farmer john. I've yet to try a TLS350, but imagine it would be closer to the USIA than the wetsuit.

In all honesty, I felt the TLS350 was similar to diving a 7mm wetsuit. But I was wearing a 400g undergarment with it. That combination was MUCH easier than my USIA wearing a fleece undergarment.

Again, not saying the USIA (or the Pinnacle) are bad suits. They are not. They just require much more energy to swim than something like a TLS350.

Speaking of lightweight and water speed....
I have a Fusion coming in next week in my size to try out :D
I love the Concept, but Im a skinny, tall guy....and the y size that fits me is a 2XL-3XL in the Height, but I think the waist is gonna be huge on me......According to them it wont matter, time will tell :wink: but I really like the concept.....

Speaking of lightweight and water speed....
I have a Fusion coming in next week in my size to try out :D
I love the Concept, but Im a skinny, tall guy....and the y size that fits me is a 2XL-3XL in the Height, but I think the waist is gonna be huge on me......According to them it wont matter, time will tell :wink: but I really like the concept.....
Remember to post a review then. I'm a tall skinny guy as well and that suit looks kinda neat.

... but I think the waist is gonna be huge on me......According to them it wont matter...
Yah, a bit of extra room in the waist/chest area isn't anywhere near as annoying as legs that are too long; the harness/weight belt holds the extra waist material in pretty well.
Legs that are too long can be real annoying, especially with an air bubble in the suit.

Remember to post a review then. I'm a tall skinny guy as well and that suit looks kinda neat.

I will.....I have had a couple smaller ones in here for customers, but they didnt fit me....I had my Girlfriend try one and and she was in love with it....and it looked really good, so it got me extremely curious.....So I got one coming in my size:D

They only have 5 stock sizes for the suit. I think the lycra covering really holds any extra shell material in-place, so bagginess and extra air-pockets aren't as big a deal as with loose shell suits.

The one unanswered question about the Fusion so far: how does it behave if punctured at depth? Does the form-fitting squeeze of the lycra "force" more air out of the suit than a normal drysuit? Would that make you more wet or have some exaggerated effect on buoyancy?

Also, I want to see what kind of "real" pocket options they're going to reveal for the Fusion in the next few months. I've heard people aren't generally crazy about the "pocket matrix" belt thing. If true pockets can be added to the thicker "tek skin," it'd be a pretty slick solution.

FWIW, I, too am tall and thin at 6'2" and 192 lbs. My inseam, measured from the floor to the crotch in stocking feet is 34".

The suit seen in the Fusion review is a 2XL-3XL. I have not had any bagginess problems , even when wearing it in the pool with only a set of DuoFold underwear (t-shirt thickness).

I've been testing a set of the "tech skin" as well. This has supported 2 lbs per side, taped to where pockets would go, pretty well.

Lately I've been in 45 degree water in the Fusion (standard skin) wearing just the Whites Mk3 undergarment. This has felt, mobility-wise, like a 5mm jumpsuit, and has been toasty warm as a pedestrian. Driving a scooter, it begins to get chilled at the 60 minute mark.

The only unwarm part of me has been my feet - I'm checking Cabella's for some Sorell liners this week (thanks for the tip, Jeff!).

All the best, James

I have several harvey's, they don't make the crushed any more, Its my favorite.
T-wrex is durable also wich is the dyno hyde on there site, You can buy direct now.
The zipper and boots are the only thing I replace, neoprene seals last foreever, never had to replace them. the bottom of boots smooth out so I replace them for traction.
never had a leak ever, Except zipper wear out.
Between 700-1000 on all three suits, well more like 2500 0n aqua-capsual suit it was the first, only $600 back then.

Having been through the same thing lately, I can tell you I narrowed it down to USIA Techniflex and the Pinnacle Evo 2. I got the Evo 2 only because I got a good deal. It could have gone either way.

I second the recommendation to get on the custom fit deal. However USIA does custom suits too and I was told that their price is very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom