My choice for a dry suit would be ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the DUI TLS350 and really like it. I ear it with the Weezle Extreme undergarment and have great range of motion.

Steve

The original poster is in Germany (or near enough to go to the dive show there), and I'm sure he would have a lot more options for "local" drysuits. And with the dollar being what it is right now, US made suits are probably pricey (a fully loaded TLS350 is exepensive here...). IIRC, there are a couple of British mfgs that make trilam suits...Typhoon???

Cheers!

And with the dollar being what it is right now, US made suits are probably pricey (a fully loaded TLS350 is exepensive here...).
Don't you mean that with the dollar being what it is right now, US suits are CHEAP in Europe?

I have a FLX50/50 and love it. I do a lot of photography and I like having the durability of the crushed neo on the bottom, and the flexibility of the trilam on the top. I also love the zip seals. If you tear a seal, you change it on the boat in a couple of minutes - Great!

I maintain horizontal trim corrected Doc!!!

Still, I went looking for European dive shops on the web after posting, and one shop caried DUI at nearly TWICE the price of Euro suits.

Do not consider my comment as a dis on DUI! I own a CLX450 =) Not exactly a "lightweight" suit though...

I maintain horizontal trim corrected Doc!!!
Still, I went looking for European dive shops on the web after posting, and one shop caried DUI at nearly TWICE the price of Euro suits.

Ah. That isn't the Dollar-Euro exchange rate, it is simply price gouging.

I started with a European oriented list of dry suits that seem close to DUI's TLS350: Santi with ESpace, Ursuk with Ursuit heavy light FZ, Dive2Gether with Explorer, Protec with Pro explorer. Interesting to hear about US oriented brands. I will check my chances on the german fair (I am Dutch by the way...).
Thanks.

Remember to post a review then. I'm a tall skinny guy as well and that suit looks kinda neat.

You don't look that tall. You look like a cute little kitty with a bad temper and an automatic weapon... :)

TLS350, I look at others but keep coming back to it :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom