My certification!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi friends, just had to write and say that I completed my open water certification this weekend, and am now officially certified. I'm excited! We were at the Comal river, and there was another group there from Houston, I think doing rescue- I wanted to ask them if any of them were from Scubaboard, or were Swampers, but I was too shy. Anyway, after the initial "wow" about being underwater in a natural vs. swimming pool environment (I sucked air hard for a few secs- not sure if it was the cool water or just the excitement), I started getting used to the feeling. We did several drift dives to our skills "platform" (a rocky section that didn't silt as badly) over the weekend, and I did my skills well. My husband was there, and I was glad he was my buddy. It was cool drifting along with him, sometimes holding hands, just looking at everything. He's like a little boy with his wonder of nature. This was our first time to dive together, too. The vis varied from about 3-12 ft, depending on who was upstream from me. :eek:) There were only 3 students, 2 open water divers, 1 instructor and 2 dive-master trainees in our group, and it was a very good group. On our last dive, we had some free-time and my husband and I were the only ones to see 3 large angelfish (they had spots). We also saw lots of bass, perch, crawfish and some saw freshwater shrimp (although I didn't). Anyway, I just wanted to warn all yall to watch out for me- cause I'm gonna be in the water... starting next week (Carib.). Looking forward to meeting you all-
Foo

Congrats Foo on your OW certification. We look forward to diving with the two of you in the future. What part of the Caribbean are you going to?

Tommy

Congrats Foo,

The river is a nice dive and fun thing to do in the winter even if it's not to deep. Did you go through the tube shoot?

Congratulations, Foo!! See you out at CSSP sometime... :biggrin2:

Congrats on your open water certification. You will have lots of exciting exotic scuba adventures with your spouse, now, and it will strengthen your marriage. Scuba is a powerful thing. Almost like a religion. Welcome to the fold.

Congratulations Scuba Diver!!!!

I hope we can meet at your lake or mine sometime this summer.

Way to go! See you at Clear Springs this summer!

Enjoy your first blue water - there's nothing else like it! :fish:

Back
Top Bottom