My buddy lost his gopro, LBTS north of the pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acteg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If anyone happens to find a gopro on a monopod with the LCDbacpac on the north side of the pier, please let me know. My buddy lost it somewhere between the end of the pier and the third reef (white mooring balls). We entered the beach along the path (park with shower) and walked directly to the water. The current was a very slightly north. We looked it for as much as we could but it was a lot of area to cover and eventually we gave up. I know it's a long shot but figured it was worth a try.

I placed the cat's old name tag on my GoPro housing. His name, my phone number. Cheap insurance.
I hope you get your camera back.

People seem to lose a lot of GoPros, perhaps they should be better secured. I have personally found 2 off Boynton Beach in the last year. One was returned to the owner as it was lost the day before out of the same marina and the word was out. The other one was never claimed.

I have two attachment points on my tray and have a boat snap on one and a lanyard on the other. When I am using the gopro it is connected to me by the lanyard. When I am not using it, I use the boat snap to clip the tray to the d-ring below my right shoulder, and then I wrap the coil lanyard around the tray and clip it to the D-ring on my waiststrap. Needless to say, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I have two attachment points on my tray and have a boat snap on one and a lanyard on the other. When I am using the gopro it is connected to me by the lanyard. When I am not using it, I use the boat snap to clip the tray to the d-ring below my right shoulder, and then I wrap the coil lanyard around the tray and clip it to the D-ring on my waiststrap. Needless to say, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Very similar for me, always attached, at least with the lanyard

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom