My BP/W rolls me on my back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try moving the weights from next to the plate to near your buckle. When you're in the horizontal position you have a "keel"

This is truely a matter of practice. Unless the harness is really way too loose.

Consider a diver using PST 104's -~3.5 lbs each empty, + bands and manifolds and regs and a Backplate.

When the bottles are near empty there's no gas in the wing either, but some how divers manage to balance with ~15-20 lbs on their back.

Tobin

Thanks for all the help guys. When I use a full suit and a hooded vest (where I will need another 2 - 4 pounds) then I will add the weights to my harness by the buckle. For right now I will make sure the harness is extra tight (the problem did seem to be worse right after I practiced ditch and don) and focus on using my fins to stabilize me.

I think another major contributor to the problem is that I am almost perfectly neutral with zero air in the wing. While this is totally awesome from a swimming standpoint (I can ascend and descend without screwing with dumping or adding air), it makes the roll problem a lot, lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom