My Bluebuddy App Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFRedrocks

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Thanks for trying to resolve the "new dive sites" issue and being able to move the pin and set the correct location, etc that I posted last week. I had an opportunity to dive with the Bluebuddy this weekend and while the unit performed well, there were some issues with the App that didn't allow me to completely log my dives correctly.

1) When I went to adjust the air temperature after the dive, there were no scroll wheels or any option/ability to change numbers (the screen was blank/white), so when I backed out of the air temp option, it put "0 degrees F" in the log. The app's ability to change/create the air temperature needs to be fixed.

2) When I go to search for a dive site, and I want to type in a state (for example), the text I type does not appear in the search box while I'm typing, making it difficult to see what's being typed. Ultimately it searches what I typed, but it would be useful to be able to see the text as I'm typing it.

3) When I go to sign the log, I can't see the "signature" while I'm doing it, and when I back out to save what I wrote, the app shows a black box in the spot where the signature should be. That needs to be fixed.

One question as well...in the dive analysis section, when looking at the nitrogen loading, there are colors of the bars (yellow then green) and an "x" that switches between different bars (compartments) as the dive time progresses. Could you please tell me the meaning of the colors and the "x"?

Thanks!!

Thanks for trying to resolve the "new dive sites" issue and being able to move the pin and set the correct location, etc that I posted last week......
Please download new version 1.2.4 that has fixed this issue.

.....1) When I went to adjust the air temperature after the dive, there were no scroll wheels or any option/ability to change numbers (the screen was blank/white), so when I backed out of the air temp option, it put "0 degrees F" in the log. The app's ability to change/create the air temperature needs to be fixed....
mhhhh ... this was working fine before moving to iOS8. Will fix it in the next release of the App.

.....2) When I go to search for a dive site, and I want to type in a state (for example), the text I type does not appear in the search box while I'm typing, making it difficult to see what's being typed. Ultimately it searches what I typed, but it would be useful to be able to see the text as I'm typing it.
mhhhh ... this was working fine before moving to iOS8. Will fix it in the next release of the App.

.....3) When I go to sign the log, I can't see the "signature" while I'm doing it, and when I back out to save what I wrote, the app shows a black box in the spot where the signature should be. That needs to be fixed.....
BTW, if you tap on "clear" when the box is black, the App will refresh the screen and work properly.

.....One question as well...in the dive analysis section, when looking at the nitrogen loading, there are colors of the bars (yellow then green) and an "x" that switches between different bars (compartments) as the dive time progresses. Could you please tell me the meaning of the colors and the "x"?....

Here is the color coding we use in our Nitrogen Loading Meter :wink:

divepal_compartments_color_codes.jpg

The Leading Compartment indicator allows you to monitor which compartment is "in charge" (also known as the Controlling Compartment) any moment during the dive.

1. Please download new version 1.2.4 that has fixed this issue.

2. mhhhh ... this was working fine before moving to iOS8. Will fix it in the next release of the App.

3. mhhhh ... this was working fine before moving to iOS8. Will fix it in the next release of the App.

4. mhhhh ... this was working fine before moving to iOS8. Will fix it in the next release of the App.
BTW, if you tap on "clear" when the box is black, the App will refresh the screen and work properly.

5. Here is the color coding we use in our Nitrogen Loading Meter :wink:

The Leading Compartment indicator allows you to monitor which compartment is "in charge" (also known as the Controlling Compartment) any moment during the dive.

1. Thanks, I did when it came out and it does work fine now.

2. Okay, I look forward to the next app version.

3. Okay, I look forward to the next app version.

4. Okay, I look forward to the next app version. And yes, the "clear" workaround works so now I can see my signatures in the dive logs.

5. Thanks for the color explanation...that makes sense now.

I appreciate your efforts on making the Bluebuddy and it's associated app the best data logging/dive log/dive analysis program out there. Keep up the good work.

1) When I went to adjust the air temperature after the dive, there were no scroll wheels or any option/ability to change numbers (the screen was blank/white), so when I backed out of the air temp option, it put "0 degrees F" in the log. The app's ability to change/create the air temperature needs to be fixed.

2) When I go to search for a dive site, and I want to type in a state (for example), the text I type does not appear in the search box while I'm typing, making it difficult to see what's being typed. Ultimately it searches what I typed, but it would be useful to be able to see the text as I'm typing it.

3) When I go to sign the log, I can't see the "signature" while I'm doing it, and when I back out to save what I wrote, the app shows a black box in the spot where the signature should be. That needs to be fixed.

Thanks!!

Hi, I was just following up with these issues and seeing when you expected the next version of the app to be released? I was able to get one dive in a week ago and my BlueBuddy performed fine (see my other thread about it not logging a dive), but these three (albeit minor) issues remain. I did use the workaround for the signature one (#3). BTW, I am using version 1.2.4.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom