My Best/ Worst Dive places in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been to Vieques and although it's a beautiful and relatively non-commercialized island, I thought the marine life was barely decent. Was not impressed and would not recommend when compared to other stops that I've been to (Maui, Grand Cayman, Cocos Island).

thanks for the compilation. Very informative and much appreciated. One comment though. Could it be your perception is tainted by the time of year of you went? For example, you mentioned several times it was "too cold" when you went in February. Perhaps it wouldn't be "too cold" in, say, Oct/Nov? We just got back from St. Lucia in mid-Nov. Water temps in the low 80's/upper 70's. Loved it. But it does get colder in Feb than in Nov.

I have worked in the Caribbean for 10 years and traveled around quite a bit. I agree with most of your opinions. Both Bahamas and The BVI have some good diving, (and some poor overdived sights.) Feel free to contact me for more information on bentdiver@live.com Although I am no longer in the industry I do not wish to cause public offense to any operators or friends, but am happy to give honest opinions. Good and bad.

Nicely put together. Would you be able to edit to add the years when you were at the various islands? Some of your likes and dislikes may have changed over time.

Bill

Bill's experience is his experience. appreciate his listing but where he stayed and when he went are major factors in that experience.
Have been to many of the places listed and two specific ones had a much better time at, Bequia and Tobago. Both of which I would gladly go back to. Only Jamaica i wouldn't go back to of the islands I have been to. Bonaire is my favorite diving destination and I have been going there atleast once a year for past 10 years. Vigin Gorda,Curacao,Cozumel and Puerto Rico are other islands I have been to. Even Jamaica if the price was right I would entertain going back to but it would have to be a really good offer.
Ofcourse my experience is my experience and yours could or will differ :)

??

Chauncy19 - what is your point? I ask the OP a question. Been to Bonaire and to Coz - would not go back again (same with Roatan and St. Lucia) - you like them, I don't. Again, what does your comment have to do with my question to the OP?.

I am curious about when he went.

??

Chauncy19 - what is your point? I ask the OP a question. Been to Bonaire and to Coz - would not go back again (same with Roatan and St. Lucia) - you like them, I don't. Again, what does your comment have to do with my question to the OP?.

I am curious about when he went.
I don't think Chauncy was replying to your post. I agree with you though that the year the OP went to those places would be useful.

I don't think Chauncy was replying to your post. I agree with you though that the year the OP went to those places would be useful.

I guess his post addressed to "Bill" threw me off.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom