My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tmassey calls my doubles ridiculous, but I call his monsters (120s?) ridiculous, as well. All in good fun! :D

I also said I was jealous. If you’re going to quote me, at least quote the full context! :)

Yeah, the 120s are tall. I can’t easily lean them down in the opening of my small SUV. but I have a torso long enough to handle that, and I really like the noticeably smaller cross-section. Plus, of course, the extra gas…

I wonder what would happen if you left the wrist warmer and equalization straw out. That would at least give you an idea of which side of the ring your leak is on.

@tmassey I don’t use the equalization “noodles” as I call them. I have them away, in fact. Tried them once. No good. With no wrist warmers, I can get nasty glove squeeze. Especially need to use them now as I don’t have undies with thumb loops to use. A piece of bungee doesn’t work either.

Suit update:

Just talked to the shop. Turns out both dump valve and inflator valve were loose. That’s the only thing they found. They had it inflated all the way for three hours with no “going limp.” Nothing came up on leak test (with soapy water). Pick it up Thursday (to allow it to dry). Yay! Really, really bad timing to have drysuit issues.

Makes me a little nervous about what will happen when I actually get to dive mine.
[rhetorical] Has AL figured out how to do it right with the AirCores, yet? [/rhetorical]

Makes me a little nervous about what will happen when I actually get to dive mine.
[rhetorical] Has AL figured out how to do it right with the AirCores, yet? [/rhetorical]

Mine is fine! Both valves were loose!

250+ dives on my fusion with no shell leaks. I have found it's a good idea to install the valves with a little 100% silicone caulk to make sure they don't leak around the seal.

I actually need to practice working with a deco bottle. I got one in this week, need a oxygen fill and then to see if I rigged it right.
If you are new to it, can I suggest practicing with an air or 32% fill? It will be less hassle to get, you will probably be more inclined to breath off it and it is less of a risk if you become distracted and sink.

If you are new to it, can I suggest practicing with an air or 32% fill? It will be less hassle to get, you will probably be more inclined to breath off it and it is less of a risk if you become distracted and sink.

My deco bottles don't get air in them until it's time for actually deco dives. I'll be using 50% anyway.

Verifying the mix and switching regs/computer settings isn't my issue. It is clipping it on and off when staging it in the cave. Just hard to get to my bottom d-ring in sidemount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom