My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A reference for oxygen being toxic and high ppO2s, especially when doing any kind of work, are inherently more risky? Sorry no, not going to play your internet tech instructor.

If you want to run a ppO2 of 1.4 for bottom gas knock yourself out. I gave you a dramatic case of how that can bite you in the butt. I was taught 1.2 for the working phase over 15 years ago (and multiple times since then). 1.6 for deco/at rest.

21/17 @ 150ft (ppO2 1.16) for 20mins has 41 mins runtime (GF 50/80 on EAN50)
25/17 @ 150ft (ppO2 1.38) for 20mins has 39 mins runtime

Your choice saves 2 minutes on the ascent but comes with more risk.

Current standards TDI teaches are 1.4 for working portion and 1.6 for deco.

I think the manual states up to 1.4

Like everything in life, nothing wrong with a bit of cushion :wink:

Current TDI standards also allow teaching of an Extended Range course to 180 feet on air.

So when someone tells me something contrary to what I’m being taught, asking for the reference is verboten?

Current standards TDI teaches are 1.4 for working portion and 1.6 for deco.

The difference between first taking a course and then gaining wisdom elsewhere and taking a course while simultaneously seeking advice elsewhere.

The difference between first taking a course and then gaining wisdom elsewhere and taking a course while simultaneously seeking advice elsewhere.

I didn’t ask for his advice. He offered it. I posted those dive plans for the newbies or those looking to do tech in the future. I’ve been asked to do that.

I didn’t ask for his advice. He offered it. I posted those dive plans for the newbies or those looking to do tech in the future. I’ve been asked to do that.
Except you are the newbie as well

I know. It's just that posting along with a course invites advice, and some of it may conflict with what your instructor or agency teaches. I am pleasantly surprised at how little unsolicited advice you have gotten here so far, not to mention encouragement. Personally--and you didn't ask for my advice (ha ha)--I prefer to listen to one voice at a time.

So when someone tells me something contrary to what I’m being taught, asking for the reference is verboten?
Why not ask your instructor why plan for 1.4?
Do we always use the max fO2 allowable? When should we back off? long bottom times? short bottom times but long deco? cold? high work? uncertain max depth? high tide?

Anyone can buy multideco and plug in some numbers and take screen shots without ever having done a deco dive.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom