My 1st Diving Problem Ever!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nadwidny:
Dude. Your stories just keep getting worse and worse. Firstly, you call yourself DIR but when you get called on it you make up some incoherent reason trying to explain how you are DIR but still solo. Secondly, you can cross the border without a passport if you arrive by any means other than air (car, bus, boat...). Thirdly, a passport takes 2 weeks to 2 months to get depending on whether or not you apply by mail or in person, not a year.

You're new here. It's not too late to start posting reality. What you actually do, what your actual experience is. Fill out your profile. Let us know who you really are and what your level and experience really are.

Right now you're going around all the boards making stuff up, trying every angle to make people think you are more than you are, hoping to impress people. The shtick ain't working Brother. And try posting in English.

Yea HybridDiver, this fellow sounds like he means business..........:)

nadwidny:
Dude. Your stories just keep getting worse and worse. Firstly, you call yourself DIR but when you get called on it you make up some incoherent reason trying to explain how you are DIR but still solo. Secondly, you can cross the border without a passport if you arrive by any means other than air (car, bus, boat...). Thirdly, a passport takes 2 weeks to 2 months to get depending on whether or not you apply by mail or in person, not a year.

You're new here. It's not too late to start posting reality. What you actually do, what your actual experience is. Fill out your profile. Let us know who you really are and what your level and experience really are. Right now you're going around all the boards making stuff up, trying every angle to make people think you are more than you are, hoping to impress people. The shtick ain't working Brother. And try posting in English.
So buddie How are you going to cross the border big guy? Walk? You need a passport now you even get across trust me on that, I used to go all the time with cadet trips and what not. They wont let you across without a passport, so here we go 2 weeks? My boss had his sent in 2006 and never got it back till 2007. It can take up to a year now, Dont get me wrong you may luck out and get it in 2-4 weeks. My sister applyed for hers last year in oct and still nothing, shes been calling. So what im not DIR, I dive dir style I got the two wrong my bad does not make me a bad diver. This is a net forum, no one on here can trust the experience on this forum. I know someone from IDC who goes on this forum and says half the people who apply on this forum has no exp, NOT MEANING you guys dont have EXP cause i dont know you. I have not dove with you so im not trying to start a fight here, I may not be as experience as you guys. IM SORRY, MY BAD I try to dive as much as possible. Like i said its super hard to find good dive buddies around here, half the time they dont even dive. They go out of the country and dive, I cant afford to go to mexico to just dive. So you guys can bash me because I dont have much experience like you guys. My bad, Ill fill out my profile so you guys can laugh away at me. It seem like when someone new trys to help and makes a mistake with DIR or Hog diving you bash them? I dont want hurt feelings, im just trying to get advice on stuff.
What eles?

HybridDiver:
So buddie How are you going to cross the border big guy? Walk?

When I went from Ottawa to Boston last month (yes, March of 2007) I drove across in my rental car and got in with my birth certificate and driver's license. It's only for air arrivals you need a passport.

You need a passport now you even get across trust me on that,

You are so wrong on that point it's sad.

It can take up to a year now,

Only if the applicant is extremely stupid or lazy.

Dont get me wrong you may luck out and get it in 2-4 weeks.

It's not luck. It's called standing in line at the passport office. After that it's a 10 working day turnaround. Don't try and BS me on this. I just did the passport dance for my daughter and myself in December. I know exactly how it works.

It seem like when someone new trys to help and makes a mistake with DIR or Hog diving you bash them? I dont want hurt feelings, im just trying to get advice on stuff.

Then ask for advice. There are tons of friendly people here willing to help. Just stop trying to pass yourself off as something you're not.

Thats weird cause when my buddie jeff went accross in a car they asked him for a passport which he did not have and they turned him around. I was not there thats just what he said, in that case I cant say much about. Im not passing myself off as something im not? What have i said, that made me pass myself up for something im not? Maybe i made a mistake in a diving forum, saying im dir when i dive a hog setup instead. But eh everything i say is wrong so im not even going to fight with a cyber person from edmonton. Not much water around there, but eh no offence man, how do we know you are really what you say you are. Ya you have 293 posts and 1000+ dives in man made lakes, but how do we even no you have that much dives. Who says i am chris, who says anyone on here is who they are. Its the net man, Im not saying. I have met some wicked people off here and found advice really good, but when people bash people about makign small mistakes that sets me off. Really dir is a newer form of diving, they took it from Hog diving and just put lots of team work and gas planning. A instructor looks at DIR like nothing because its new, Its like how people says padi/dsat is not tec diving. DIR diving is fairly new and only 1 GUE diver instuctor in canada who can even teach DIR Diving. That being said no need to bash anyone for a simple mistake over the net.

It takes longer to get a waiver than a passport if you have a record, even if it's for drunken driving or possession of a small quantity of an illegal substance.

HybridDiver, I'm not sure you're even interested, but I know that there was recently a DIR-F class in Vancouver, Canada, which was taught I believe by Dan MacKay, who is a Canadian GUE instructor. In addition, I'm quite sure that Steve White, the instructor in Seattle, will travel to teach if there are at least 3 students in the class. You could try talking to him about it.

You would have gotten far less static about this story, had you posted it elsewhere. By putting it in technical diving, and then talking about DIR, you have raised the antennae of people who train hard NEVER to lose a buddy, NEVER to dive alone, and not to go to significant depth on single tanks.

You can't always predict the behavior of a buddy, which is why, when I dive with people I don't know, I take them to our local underwater park, where the maximum depth is 40 feet if you take a shovel with you. I figure that, especially in my doubles, there is almost nothing that can happen in 25 feet of water that I can't cope with by myself, which is where I might end up if said buddy does a 180 and takes off -- And I have had that happen.

I cannot imagine going to 100 feet with an instabuddy, which is what you had. And I think you learned that it wasn't wise to do that.

TSandM:
HybridDiver, I'm not sure you're even interested, but I know that there was recently a DIR-F class in Vancouver, Canada, which was taught I believe by Dan MacKay, who is a Canadian GUE instructor. In addition, I'm quite sure that Steve White, the instructor in Seattle, will travel to teach if there are at least 3 students in the class. You could try talking to him about it.

You would have gotten far less static about this story, had you posted it elsewhere. By putting it in technical diving, and then talking about DIR, you have raised the antennae of people who train hard NEVER to lose a buddy, NEVER to dive alone, and not to go to significant depth on single tanks.

You can't always predict the behavior of a buddy, which is why, when I dive with people I don't know, I take them to our local underwater park, where the maximum depth is 40 feet if you take a shovel with you. I figure that, especially in my doubles, there is almost nothing that can happen in 25 feet of water that I can't cope with by myself, which is where I might end up if said buddy does a 180 and takes off -- And I have had that happen.

I cannot imagine going to 100 feet with an instabuddy, which is what you had. And I think you learned that it wasn't wise to do that.

Thats the best post of the day, Instabuddy is right. Yes i have been talking with dan and landon from IDC and they have been working very close with me in the past month about things that I wont get in here cause ill prob get flamed for it. I have learned a lesson, the only reason why I dive solo is because there is no one in my area that dives. My LDS Diving Dynamics and our new one is only here to take your money. The new one his a little nicer about doing it though, but hes to busy all the time to dive which leaves me with no one. I ask around send emails and call and no one dives here anymore, they are two busy or just dont want to dive in our perfect lake. It sucks when your the only serious diver here.

I don't think I would be comfortable with a buddy, instant or not, who would pack his gear and leave me in the water if we became seperated. That's not the definition of a buddy, at least as I learned it.

Phil

HybridDiver:
But eh everything i say is wrong so im not even going to fight with a cyber person from edmonton. Not much water around there, but eh no offence man, how do we know you are really what you say you are. Ya you have 293 posts and 1000+ dives in man made lakes, but how do we even no you have that much dives.

Google is your friend.

Who says i am chris, who says anyone on here is who they are. Its the net man, Im not saying. I have met some wicked people off here and found advice really good, but when people bash people about makign small mistakes that sets me off. Really dir is a newer form of diving, they took it from Hog diving and just put lots of team work and gas planning. A instructor looks at DIR like nothing because its new, Its like how people says padi/dsat is not tec diving. DIR diving is fairly new and only 1 GUE diver instuctor in canada who can even teach DIR Diving. That being said no need to bash anyone for a simple mistake over the net.

Brother, you really need to buy a smaller shovel. The hole you're digging is getting much too big.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom