Mx trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you had a good time, Kathy....but seriously, I have no idea why I read your report. It just makes me jealous!

Glad you had a good time, Kathy....but seriously, I have no idea why I read your report. It just makes me jealous!

Ah Nicole,

Rather than being jealous - I wish this report inspired you to head down to the cenotes. I bet you'd make such a great classmate for Cave 1 :wink:! Hint, Hint!

Ah Nicole,

Rather than being jealous - I wish this report inspired you to head down to the cenotes. I bet you'd make such a great classmate for Cave 1 :wink:! Hint, Hint!

You have no idea how much I'd love to do exactly that! Unfortunately, Cave 1 is probably two years out....unless I come across a very large sum of money :wink:

My guess is that Cave 1 is far less than two years out for you....probably closer to two months, huh :D

You have no idea how much I'd love to do exactly that! Unfortunately, Cave 1 is probably two years out....unless I come across a very large sum of money :wink:

My guess is that Cave 1 is far less than two years out for you....probably closer to two months, huh :D

Awe, well perhaps in a few years we will tour the cenotes together -- or at least catch that long promised Fundies Pass celebration dive together soon :)!

Two months - I really wish Cave 1 started in two days :D! But unfortunately it will probably take longer than that to coordinate. Compatible teammates & Danny's schedule are both well worth waiting :)!

Anyway, there is a bit of homework to do before Cave 1 :wink:.

Last edited:
How / where do you get your homework? Do you do a self-study program before class?

How / where do you get your homework? Do you do a self-study program before class?

Hi Jax,

The ZG GUE instructors generously suggested a few technique/equipment tips here and there -- to work out before class starts :wink:.

Thanks for these reports. They sound amazing. Somehow many people around me seem to have been whispering "cenotes" in my ear lately...

Thanks for these reports. They sound amazing. Somehow many people around me seem to have been whispering "cenotes" in my ear lately...

Ah yes, the cenotes are beautiful and the tranquil allure is so deceptive. I can not imagine a better introduction to their many potential fatal dangers than under the skillful guidance of GUE cave instructors. The experience provided me with a much deeper appreciation for our comprehensive dive system.

For example, we kicked a little ways down this particular cave line. Danny stops me, we turn around and he points up. Above us, our bubbles had dislodged a big mushroom like cloud of silt billowing from the chamber's ceiling. In that moment he taught me that scuba bubbles can lead to an unexpected zero vis situation upon return-- where navigation could be by touch only.

He pointed out many opportunities for similar hazards. So if you head down to indulge in the magic of the cenotes please pick your guides, equipment & instructors wisely :)!

Thanks for sharing your report. And welcome back :wink:

Magical !
Thank you for taking us with you :)

Unbelievable, no wonder you are in love... :)

Welcome back... very nice reports and just like DB said thanks for bringing us with you :)

Glad you had such a great time Kathy and thanks for sharing your experiences with us! At least I can dive vicariously through you. :D

Thanks!! it's great to be back with my Cali friends!! Look forward to seeing you around and hopefully catching up with a few dives!!

Back
Top Bottom