MV Black Manta - on board from 28 Feb 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This should be fun. Too bad I ran out of Scuba Board stickers.

Received this e-mail this morning from White Manta Diving:

Phuket / Thailand updates
Just when i was writing this, Owen our Black Manta tour leader sms me they swim 2 hours with a 6m Whale sharks at Richelieu Rock today :) There is also 5-6 Mantas at Koh Bon. Viz is good 20-30m and sea is calm. Almost guarantee Mantas sighting every trip since Jan. There are not many trips left into the season, we hope you will have opporunity to come onbaord.

Fingers crossed :)

Just when i was writing this, Owen our Black Manta tour leader sms me they swim 2 hours with a 6m Whale sharks at Richelieu Rock today :) There is also 5-6 Mantas at Koh Bon. Viz is good 20-30m and sea is calm. Almost guarantee Mantas sighting every trip since Jan. There are not many trips left into the season, we hope you will have opporunity to come onbaord.

Psyched! Can't wait as I am used to diving with a lot less vis. Great to hear Owen is still on the BM. Of course the ease of getting to Pattaya dive sites from Bangkok should be taken into consideration :) LK, are you considering joining this trip?

4 mantas but alas, no whale sharks. A plethora of macro delights and leopard sharks. Vis 15M once, but otherwise 25-30M+.

Sounds great!!

Anybody from the forum on board later in March?

Sounds great!!

Anybody from the forum on board later in March?

Doing the Queen Scuba March 25th :D Hope you guys have a blast! You're out there now! Don't forget a TR!

Hi KGdiver, I will be on the 17-21st White Manta as well.

See ya there!

Hey there!
Did you make it back to LA in one piece? How did your photos turn out? I have some great ones that I will post as soon as I am done editing. It was a great trip and was nice to meet you.

Cheers,
Ken

Yeah there were about 5 Mantas on Koh Bon and the vis is as reported. Too bad we missed the whale shark though. Next year.....

Back
Top Bottom