Question MV Aruna Voyager Live Aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
We're tentatively planning a South Andaman trip for mid May on the MV Aruna Voyager. Anyone familiar with this boat? We saw it on our last North Andaman trip. It's huge with a plumb bow. Instead of using inflatable rigid rubber dinghies it has these motorized barge like craft for drop off and pick up. I've heard that the hull is not steel, but some sort of composite and that the craft tends to pitch and roll a bit.

IMG_1211.jpeg

Looking forward to your TR...I just finished up a North Andaman trip on the Phinisi and saw the Voyager in port when we returned. I said to myself "that's a nice looking boat." The Deep Andaman Queen was also docked next to us and that's also a nice looking ship 🚢 I wasn't able to find a website for the Yoyager...who did you book with?

We booked the trip with Sainamtalay, a Thai owned dive shop/agent I think that Aruna doesn't have a website, just a FB page: Aruna Voyager

I believe I was on the Deep Andaman Queen years ago when it had a different name and before it was extensively modified with the plumb bow, etc. Was it Mermaid II? Manta Queen I? Queen Scuba? (Queen Scuba, I think.)

Here's Queen Scuba in 2011:
2011-02-27 11.35.55.jpg

Here's Deep Andaman Queen before the hull redesign:
MV-Deep-Andaman-Queen-liveboard-similan-islands.jpg

Same vessel, I think. But, maybe the new Deep Andaman Queen is a different boat all together.

Really hard to know.I've seen several boats with the plumb bow remodel that extends the waterline length quite a bit. Perhaps enough for several more cabins on the lower deck. IMHO, this is a different boat. But, if so, what happened to the 2019 remodel of the Deep Andaman Queen? Did they just rename it, again?

Since you work in the industry you might ask around a bit and see what you can uncover. I'm rather curious. Is Michael Thomas, who worked for years for White Manta Diving, still on Phuket? He'd be one to ask.

Really hard to know.I've seen several boats with the plumb bow remodel that extends the waterline length quite a bit. Perhaps enough for several more cabins on the lower deck. IMHO, this is a different boat. But, if so, what happened to the 2019 remodel of the Deep Andaman Queen? Did they just rename it, again?

Since you work in the industry you might ask around a bit and see what you can uncover. I'm rather curious. Is Michael Thomas, who worked for years for White Manta Diving, still on Phuket? He'd be one to ask.
With the latest iteration, it It looks like they stuck a boat within a boat 😅 I'll ask around.

With the latest iteration, it It looks like they stuck a boat within a boat 😅 I'll ask around.
A bit weird isn't it? These plumb bow conversions often look that way. Just plop an old boat in a new hull and carry on.

Here's one that was actually built as a plumb bow vessel (เจ้าหญิงน้อย - Little Princess):

เจ้าหญิงน้อย.jpg

I'm anxious to hear what you find out.

We're tentatively planning a South Andaman trip for mid May on the MV Aruna Voyager. Anyone familiar with this boat? We saw it on our last North Andaman trip. It's huge with a plumb bow. Instead of using inflatable rigid rubber dinghies it has these motorized barge like craft for drop off and pick up. I've heard that the hull is not steel, but some sort of composite and that the craft tends to pitch and roll a bit.

View attachment 774420
Aruna Voyager doesnt have website, just facebook. it is Thai owned and currently gotta booked through local agents.
I think L/B ratio on the boat is a bit low, very spacious boat and fast cruising speed in calm sea. but it will pitch and roll a bit more on rougher conditions.
Here's Queen Scuba in 2011:
View attachment 775403

Here's Deep Andaman Queen before the hull redesign:
View attachment 775404

Same vessel, I think. But, maybe the new Deep Andaman Queen is a different boat all together.
It is the same vessel.

A bit weird isn't it? These plumb bow conversions often look that way. Just plop an old boat in a new hull and carry on.

Here's one that was actually built as a plumb bow vessel (เจ้าหญิงน้อย - Little Princess):

View attachment 775421

I'm anxious to hear what you find out.
This one in a very nice liveaboard, spacious and comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom