Must See Tv !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This Thursday night at 9pm on KLCS (www.klcs.org ; analog channel 58 in these here parts) is showing a repeat of "Water's Journey, the Hidden Rivers of Florida" (www.floridasprings.org/expedition ). This is an absolutely amazing piece on some rebreather/cave divers (Wes Skiles and Jill Heinerth) exploring underwater aquifers in Florida. We're talking 300ft deep caves, where in some places they have to remove their tanks to squeeze thru. Unbelievable. By the way, the floridasprings.org site above is pretty amazing too.

Christian, this is the one I was telling you about. Mucho groovy.

mccabejc:
This Thursday night at 9pm on KLCS (www.klcs.org ; analog channel 58 in these here parts) is showing a repeat of "Water's Journey, the Hidden Rivers of Florida" (www.floridasprings.org/expedition ). This is an absolutely amazing piece on some rebreather/cave divers (Wes Skiles and Jill Heinerth) exploring underwater aquifers in Florida. We're talking 300ft deep caves, where in some places they have to remove their tanks to squeeze thru. Unbelievable. By the way, the floridasprings.org site above is pretty amazing too.

Christian, this is the one I was telling you about. Mucho groovy.

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the info... I'm going to Tivo it...

kevin

wetrat:
Tivoed! Thanks Jim.

John

Hey John. I can't seem to find it on my dish. What channel is it on on Thursday?

Terry

divinman:
Hey John. I can't seem to find it on my dish. What channel is it on on Thursday?

Hi Terry - Crap. You're right. I jumped the gun on that one. As far as I can tell, we can't get it down here in San Dog.

John

That was pretty cool, huh? The second time I've seen it, and I'm even more amazed. Looks like they didn't have rebreathers, since they had to squeeze thru those 18 inch openings. Just a bunch of tanks strapped to their sides. Swimming for miles, squeezing thru impossibly tight spots, then decompressing for hours. Wow. How the heck can you do that with a couple of tanks and no rebreather? Especially after you get a leaky O ring in your gas supply.

And as good as the two divers were, the guy who was photgraphing them must have been even better. Can you imagine being the guinea pig, crawling thru those tight spaces ahead of the main divers and then photographing them coming thru?

mccabejc:
That was pretty cool, huh? The second time I've seen it, and I'm even more amazed. Looks like they didn't have rebreathers, since they had to squeeze thru those 18 inch openings. Just a bunch of tanks strapped to their sides. Swimming for miles, squeezing thru impossibly tight spots, then decompressing for hours. Wow. How the heck can you do that with a couple of tanks and no rebreather? Especially after you get a leaky O ring in your gas supply.

And as good as the two divers were, the guy who was photgraphing them must have been even better. Can you imagine being the guinea pig, crawling thru those tight spaces ahead of the main divers and then photographing them coming thru?

We're thinking the same things. Amazing.
I found it very interesting.
Jim, thanks for suggesting it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom