"Must Read" books for the beach bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There was a thread long ago that had book recommendations. Since the weather is starting to warm up I'm thinking of those must read books.

So, if you've got a good read you want to share, please feel free to. Also give us a little hint about what the book is about and how about rating it on a scale from 1-10 (ten being one of your favorite books and one you had a hard time putting down).

The last book that I finished, I really liked. Non-fiction. Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time It's about an American Mountain Climber that begins a quest to build schools in very poor areas of Pakistan. I'd rate it 7 out of 10.

I'm just about to start Are you there, Vodka? It's me, Chelsea.

Probably old news, but if you haven't read Water for Elephants, read it. It is soooo good! It is about the circus life in the early 20th century. Beware: there is some animal (and human) cruelty. But it is necessary for the story. Just get through that part. Two surprises at the end.

I just read Melancholy Baby by Robert Parker. Very fast read, mostly dialog. It is a private investigator novel but the best thing about the book is all the references to her dog, a bull terrier. You can just see that dog when you read it.

Lee Child writes some good mysteries, but his violent scenes are very, very violent.

I loved Water for Elephants one of my favorite books of all time!!!

Just finished reading Christine Klings paperback "Wrecker's Key". Seems like a great summer beach book. I actually did read it on a beach in Hawaii...now if spring would just get here to Alaska.

not a dive book but My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult

:crying: i couldnt put it down and neither could alot of other women that ive spoken to about it. a chick book but its topic was very interesting in todays world of custom ivf babies born to to save another childs life

im usually a stephen king or doco fan but i'll give this one a 7 out of 10

Recently finished The Sunflower and Finding Noel, both by Richard Paul Evans. He's a great story teller! Saw him interviewed on the Glen Beck show a few months ago.

Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth followed by the second book World with out End....super stories with many layers and a real good look at medevil times

The Historian by Eilzabeth Kostova an amazing novel and one which started can't be put down. It's about vampires but not in the Steven King way. More suspence less gore

All three books will not only be good for the mind but also good for the arms

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom