Must-do diving in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving in Bodensee a few times now, and I've seen 3-8C on the bottom (38-48F) in July. The mediterranean was silly warm though, 65-75F.

Hi,
I live in Munich and dive in the surrounding lakes every weekend.
You should check out Blindsee near the Fernpass in Austria. It has loads of trees underwater, like a mikado game. Its max 25m deep, so its not too cold. About 8°C at 15m.
Also good is Plansee in Austria, amazingly beautiful surroundings.
Another fab one is Fernsteinsee, which has great viz.
Starnberger See nr Munich is good, lots of dives sites, varying from a wall at Allmannshausen to more easy sites.

All of these you can reach by driving to Füssen, then Reutte, so are probably around 2-3 hours from you.

You will either need a dry suit or a 7mm with 7mm ice jacket though!
If you deep dive in Germany you will need to separate your regs and have 2 first stages, incase one ices over.

You are welcome to contact me if you need any more infos.
Safe diving!

Ahhh! I'm almost ready to leave :(

I have a drysuit and two diaphragm regs. I guess I'll put those on the list for next visit.

I had several great freshwater dives in Austria, if you check 'Grüner see' you'll find some stunning pics and vids of it.
The Adriatic is crowded in the summer and if you go deeper the water isn't warm: 17-19 Celsius degrees.

Back
Top Bottom