Must-do diving in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd planned to drive to Croatia, but it turns out I can't take my rental car there. Flights are way too expensive, and it seems that the trains aren't so good either. The other promising dive location seems to be France, but most of the dive centers don't seem to have English language websites (all the French I remember involves ordering a kilogram of strawberries).

Is Scandinavia an option? Anyone know any English speaking shops north of Germany?

I'd planned to drive to Croatia, but it turns out I can't take my rental car there. Flights are way too expensive, and it seems that the trains aren't so good either. The other promising dive location seems to be France, but most of the dive centers don't seem to have English language websites (all the French I remember involves ordering a kilogram of strawberries).

I can probably put you in touch with some divers from Slovenia. You can drive to Slovenia and carpool to Croatia with them. Let me know if that is an option.

:( Thanks, but Slovenia's out too. I've got a wall along the east side of Germany/Austria/Italy. "Theft risk", Avis says.

:( Thanks, but Slovenia's out too. I've got a wall along the east side of Germany/Austria/Italy. "Theft risk", Avis says.

Huh? I rented a car in Munich before and drove to Slovenia w/o problems at all. But this was Hertz. Slovenia is in EU and Schengen. Did you mix Slovenia and Slovakia?

Nope, nor Poland. They only allow the smallest cars over there, and I don't want to lose my VW GTD in exchange for an Opel

No problem you can do diving in Europe but I would suggest it to do during summer because if you do it in others seasons you will freeze.
It may come as a surprise, but summer is considered one of the worst seasons to dive where I live. To many people and the visibility just sucks. Last spring and autumn are actually better. And if you freeze, your wearing the wrong suit. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom