Must dive caves, mexico.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some personal favorites are Dos Palmas, Tux Kupaxa, Mayan Blue. Some others i enjoyed are Minotauro, and I forget the name it's something like Blue Jaguar (or near something with a name like that:wink:), plus the ones already listed.

There are so many nice caves to see there that are cave 1 doable. I would say just check with Fred and the others at Zero Gravity. They should be able to list lots of them.

Wow, great info so far! I will write all the suggestions down and take it to zero gravity in November. Cave 1 restrictions are, no jumps/traverses/circuits/complex navigation (max 1 t). Although i don't mind a single jump if there is something cool to see and if there are no tight restrictions (like parkers room in nahoch, easy to dive and totally worth it).
Chan hol and mayan blue look amazing and will for sure be added to the list.

I will be doing the dives with my girlfriend, we both have a SCR of 16 Liters/min, i don't know how that translates to the imperial system tho. But we did 60+ minutes dives in nahoch on only a bit more then 60 bar (870 psi?) used for gas in and gas out. We are allowed to use 50 bar (725 psi?) for gas in on full tanks, so we can make pretty long dives.

You will have so many great places to dive. Add Hells Bells. Not a cave as such, but a very different dive. Expect 120-130 deep. Vimeo search for Darryl Jensen - Hells Bells. That was us a few years ago.

You will have so many great places to dive. Add Hells Bells. Not a cave as such, but a very different dive. Expect 120-130 deep. Vimeo search for Darryl Jensen - Hells Bells. That was us a few years ago.

I always thought the hell bells was a cave 2 dive. Is it close from the cenote you entered? And wich cenote/cave is it? They look pretty amazing!

Hells Bells - or Cenote Zapote. Same name, same place. Small opening at the top. Narrows at about 40 feet as you descend then opens up again to a large room. You aren't diving the room. Spooky feeling. Dark. H2S layer above you or perhaps also at 120-130 feet. Blackness all around you. Cant see the bottom. We did it on sidemount and back mount. All open. No restrictions. Dive 2 tanks and stay until your NDL. See people doing it on one tank. But two tanks is way better. If you go repost your thoughts on the dive. Enjoy

Hells Bells - or Cenote Zapote. Same name, same place. Small opening at the top. Narrows at about 40 feet as you descend then opens up again to a large room. You aren't diving the room. Spooky feeling. Dark. H2S layer above you or perhaps also at 120-130 feet. Blackness all around you. Cant see the bottom. We did it on sidemount and back mount. All open. No restrictions. Dive 2 tanks and stay until your NDL. See people doing it on one tank. But two tanks is way better. If you go repost your thoughts on the dive. Enjoy

It seems pretty close to puerto aventuras, we really like to do this one. We will do all dives in doubles. We will let you know how it went!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom