Multi lingual OWSI looking for work + MSDT upgrade in Sharm.... ideas????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Colclough

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi there

Anyone know how busy Sharm is from now on until April, and how possible is it for a multi-lingual (Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and English) PADI Instructor to find work?

Good suggestions regarding solid dive centers will be welcomed... and of course any input regarding wages.. ;-)

I have all video gear for videographic work and plenty of dive experience.

Furthermore, I need to take my EFRI course and do several specialities.... I also am looking to do Enriched Air Instructor, and have TDI Basic Nitrox.

any ideas out there will be welcome!

THX

Mark
mark@infinita.dk

Hi there :

I dived with Ocean College in Sharm about a year ago, and i spoke to one of the instructors about what it was like working as an instructor in the Red Sea, and at Ocean College.

If memory serves me correctly i got the impression Ocean College was quite a good employer. The instructors would do a weeks guiding out on the reefs, followed by a week of courses (OW,AOW ect,) and then they got a week of technicle diving. I'm not sure, but i think allot of the instructors went there with little in the way of technicle qualifications, but were trained up by Ocean College. The instructors seemed pretty happy anyway, i can't imagine the wage is anything special, but eneaugh to have a reasnable standard of living in Egypt, and you would certainly get by. I think at Ocean College the instructors got one day off out of every seven (pretty standard.)

I would have thought if you approach them with a view to paying for the courses you want to do, and then staying on to work for them this may place you in a more favourable position?

Hope this helps

Bob

Back
Top Bottom