Mulling over cost/weight/buoyancy of LP 85s vs Al

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought four of them (Fabers) new @ $214.00 each, but I can't stop mulling. Tell me something good.
Thanks,
Dave

Something good? For many divers they trim out nicer since they are not as tail heavy as a Catalina Al80.

Pete

Sorry.. Nothing good to say about them. You are simply going to have to sell them to me for 50% of what you paid to make yourself feel better. :D

Seriously, they are great tanks! I have 2 as singles, they trim nicely, can take over pressure when I need to do that and I don't kill myself carrying them around.

....congrats.....I've got 3 of them (one 'single' and one set of doubles)....there are only 2 things I don't like about them.....I'd prefer the unpainted/galvanized ones from Worthington, if I had to do it all over again, but that wasn't an option back when I purchased them.....also, they are of a slightly smaller diameter than the standard 7.25" AL or HP steel sank, so sometimes stowing it securely on a boat tank rack is a pain in the a**.

I would prefer them to an AL80 but I would still prefer an HP 100 over either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom