Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stacey M.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be diving Mt. Storm this coming weekend. Has anyone been there recently? What is the actual water temp? Thanks

I think Harry was down there recently. Water temps should be in the mid 40's going by past history. The real issue will be whether you can get in an out of the parking lot. I would also advise if youdo go down use the boat ramp to get in and out of the water. The amount of snow we've had could make the regular scuba entrance a perfect way to break a leg or ankle. I'm not planning on heading down until Good Friday right now. It should be a bit better by then but who knows. I was down there one year on that day, it was in April, and the air temp was 22. Snow in the lot and the next day was 18 with 3 inches of fresh stuff. I did not dive since I was alone and did not feel like breaking a leg on the ice under the snow and not being able to get help. Please be careful down there.

Also info on Mt Storm can be more easily found under the Mid Atlantic Bottom feeders section which is located in the southeastern US section. Whoever set up the regions has serious geographical challenges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom