Mr T's Wild Freedive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I already cited this to you specifically. Go dig it up yourself, it is a couple pages back.

somebody opened an innocent looking can and now there's worms everywhere:facepalm:

I have understood that the oxygen consumption is about the same regardless of the ambient pressure. and the partial pressure able to support life is the same regardless of ambient pressure. Oxygen consumption is by molecules per minute not by cubic feet per minute and thus not dependent of ambient pressure or partial pressure

This doctor refers to it here:

At a depth of 10m we need more oxygen in our bloodstream than at 100m, because the pressure of the water all around makes the oxygen more potent. So the most tricky part of a deep dive is the last stage of the ascent, when there is the risk of a shallow water black-out as the pressure fades and the oxygen levels in our tissues suddenly drop.

Free divers have long defied science – and we still don't really understand how they go so deep

That was a typo, obviously.
But you still attribute it to a "higher affinity". Affinity to what? Making up terms as you go? This is simple physics, chemistry and physiology. Use proper vernacular.

But you still attribute it to a "higher affinity". Affinity to what? Making up terms as you go? This is simple physics, chemistry and physiology. Use proper vernacular.

Affinity is a term often used in endocrinology, the field I specialize in. It refers to a substances capability to attach to a receptor, and whether it can be beaten by something else. It flips this receptor on like a light switch. This is why 02 comes back into the lungs when free diving, because it has a higher affinity and beats out nitrogen.

I am sorry you guys are so far behind, I don't have anymore time for this. Please read the literature I posted, it will help you understand.

I am no professor of free diving but I do understand the basic concepts, so it is tough to get my point across. But the fact remains, letting out air, diving around and then ascending, increases your risk fo a black out.

I already cited this to you specifically. Go dig it up yourself, it is a couple pages back.
If you know this it wouldn't be much work for you to quote your citation. Or at least provide a link to the relevant post.

You've delivered so much weird stuff that I'm not particularly motivated for digging through your numerous posts to find whatever you're tangentially alluding to. But if you have the cite it shouldn't be too much work for you to quote it again. If not for much else, so at least for the benefit of whoever might be following this.

If you're not motivated to learn that my point is valid, I have no interest in teaching you. I have supplied all the relevant information. There is a ton more about the mammalian reflex and how the human body undergoes physiological changes when free diving. All at the tip of your fingers.

If you think I am so wrong about what I have posted, then look into and explain it better than I am explaining it. I was covering all this literature last 2 years, I don't need to jump into it again.

Sounds like it would benefit you though.

No, you can go back and find it. I posted that, then I confirmed it with a peer review study on diving mammals. It is back there with a high school physics book.

PS chance of blacking out as a normal free diving professional is about 10%. Much higher for newbs.

No, you can go back and find it.
No. You make the claim, you provide the evidence. That's how it works, and if you really were working in science you'd know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom