Mozambique May-July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeevz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I am going to be in Mozambique from 22 May til the middle of July. We will be staying in Zavora. Where are the best places to dive? We plan to head to Tofo for a bit to dive from there. Has anyone dived around Zavora, and what are the other places in/around Mozambique that we should dive?

Also we plan to try and get in a cage dive with great whites. Would we have to head to South Africa to do this? From what I understand great whites dont venture up to Moz often.

Thanks

Don't know much about diving at Zavora, but Tofo is excellent. Just be careful which operator you go with - there is plenty on this in other posts.

Re the cage diving, you are quite right. For best results you need to be in the Cape. False Bay has the highest concentration of white sharks in the world. Plenty of good operators too. If you want some great assistance then check out the folks at bubbleblowers.co.za. Brandon is a great help to folks coming from abroad. The other diving in the Cape is also spectacular, and you can even dive with seven gill sharks, which are also impressive!

Enjoy it!

Aliwal Shoal near Durban in South Africa is excellent for tiger shark dives (no cage). Tofo is great for mantas and whale sharks. Vilanculos (less than a day north of Zavora) is good too.

I have more pics and info on | Indigo Safaris

Tofo has whale sharks, reef mantas, and giant mantas all year round, some times in greater concentrations that others. Excellent diving there. There is a review of it on my site and an article that I wrote for X-Ray at | Indigo Safaris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom