Moving to Ottawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The issue with the quarry is you technically need your FQAS (I think that's what it's called) card to dive in Quebec.

It's like 30$ for a 3 years membership. Nothing to be afraid of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome. I will arrive in Ottawa tomorrow and hopefully have my stuff delivered next week.

I heard of Matt, I bought stuff from him already at xmas.

thanx again all!

Good stuff.

It's more than just paying the $30, to get your FQAS card. You need to do 5 dives with an instructor that is able to give the cards, and then they can issue them. There are a few different levels of diver cards, as well as instructor cards. You can apply for a temporary card, as well (which is probably not the best idea, if you plan on diving there, often). The quarry is a great place to have fun, as well as work on skills. It is $10/day, or $80/year (may be going up to $100).

As I said before, when you want to go for a dive, let me know. We can help you with all of that stuff. :)

excellent! the moving truck should arrive this week so I will have my stuff soon!

where does Sharky dive on Wednesday?

Give Sharky's a call, but it's in Cardinal at both the conestoga and Galop canal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom