Moving to NY (Suffern/Monroe area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys!

I'm finally here and working. Right now I am living in Ramsey, NJ in temporary accomodation, but sometime in the next few weeks we will move to Monroe (Woodbury). So if anyone feels like getting together for dinner/beer that would be cool.

I'm curious if anyone has any opinions on the localish dive shops? I'm considering DiveCon/DM, but that decision will be based 100% on the attitude of the shop.

Cheers.

I have lots of opinions on the area diveshops :)

Seriously though, whenever you want to take in the area, just let me know. I'm always up for a beer.

Jonny_Rocket:
I have lots of opinions on the area diveshops :)

Seriously though, whenever you want to take in the area, just let me know. I'm always up for a beer.

Sounds great, thank you...as long as I can get some good micro/English style stuff! I'll be in touch in a week or so...

DrSteve:
as long as I can get some good micro/English style stuff!
hey steve... thinking of real ale, i just found a pub in downtown nyc that pulls fullers out of the basement. :)

Before you move North, check out the AB &G (just ask any local). Haven't been there in a long, long, long time, but still here people talking about it.

XJae:
hey steve... thinking of real ale, i just found a pub in downtown nyc that pulls fullers out of the basement. :)

Cool! How much do they charge for that? Where in Manhatten? I could be persuaded to take a trip into the city the weekend of the 22nd. I bought a bottle of Fullers Golden Pride on my last trip home :) I can't wait to try it.

DrSteve:
Cool! How much do they charge for that? Where in Manhatten? I could be persuaded to take a trip into the city the weekend of the 22nd. I bought a bottle of Fullers Golden Pride on my last trip home :) I can't wait to try it.
it's called the pound & pence, 55 liberty st near broadway, close to wtc. www.poundandpence.com typical nyc prices... 5.50 for a 20oz. i like the pride but im more of a porter guy. if they weren't pulling real ale i'd probably be mixing guiness and bass... i like to let the irish and english fight it out. :) btw, you'll never catch me here on the weekend... it's bad enough i have to work here.

XJae:
it's called the pound & pence, 55 liberty st near broadway, close to wtc. www.poundandpence.com typical nyc prices... 5.50 for a 20oz. i like the pride but im more of a porter guy. if they weren't pulling real ale i'd probably be mixing guiness and bass... i like to let the irish and english fight it out. :) btw, you'll never catch me here on the weekend... it's bad enough i have to work here.

Nothing wrong with that. I personaly like mixing Guiness with Dry Cider.

5.50 for a real pint is not bad for an import. Even in England I was paying the equivalent of 3.50 in one pub for a pint. If I drank at one of the local pubs it was usually closer to 4 dollars a pint :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom