Moving To Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adrisen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone. I want to introduce myself to you all. I travel back and forth from Miami and Ft lauderdale to my home in Toronto. If everything goes as planned, once I finish school in Feb I will be making Florida my home. I can't wait. Everytime I come I make sure I get to do some diving; usually out of Miami. I will be back for a month in Dec so I am looking forward to all af the diving I can do. I look forward to meeting some great new people to dive with :D

I'm glad to see that you found the Conchs! Let us know when you'll be in Florida again, and we'll make sure that you have some ready-made dive buddies.

You're also welcome to join us for some of our famous/infamous beach dives. They're easy, cheap and lots of fun, not to mention the surface intervals!

Take care,
Grier

Grier, you're divulging all our secrets... Pretty soon we'll have to park on the other side of the intracostal to dive Hibiscus...

On a different note, adrisen, here's an early welcome to South Florida!!! Do let us know when you'll be here so we can get a dive in!!

GrierHPharmD:
Let us know when you'll be in Florida again, and we'll make sure that you have some ready-made dive buddies.
I believe they are now mass-producing cardboard cut-outs of the FL Conch Divers for use as dive buddies, only problem is they fall apart when they get wet :wink:

Welcome adrisen, might see you down there sometime.

Actually, I think they're inflatable and made of neoprene...

Insta-Buddy - just add Scuba!

Been talking to a fellow down outside of Ft. Myers about joining him in his compact tractor business. If everything works out the way I hope it will, I'll be selling the farm here in Central Michigan and telling SBC (my current employer) I don't want any more, and joining the divers down in south Florida. I might just be able to sell my Viking Drysuit and find myself a wetsuit that fits and forget about all this cold water diving in the Great Lakes.

I'll be down just after Labor Day to meet with the fellow and get the lay of the land. Kind of planning on ending up landing on the Atlantic side around Port St. Lucie or a bit farther south.

May have to change my screen name if I don't live in Frankenmuth any more.

Look forward to meeting some of you Florida warm water types if everything works out. :wink:

GrierHPharmD:
Actually, I think they're inflatable and made of neoprene...

Insta-Buddy - just add Scuba!
I believe you have to keep inflating him on the way down though, the auto-overpressurization valve takes carry of the way up - however he does shoot to the surface at greater than PADI speeds :wink:

Yeah, and about all they're good for is to drive on the HOV lane when it's only you in the car! :D

frankenmuth_tom:
I'll be down just after Labor Day to meet with the fellow and get the lay of the land. Kind of planning on ending up landing on the Atlantic side around Port St. Lucie or a bit farther south.

Look forward to meeting some of you Florida warm water types if everything works out. :wink:

It's nice here, really growing up. Keep us updated!
Vickie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom