Moving in order to dive more, a crazy idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfoutz

Reaction score
I’m currently in between “real jobs” and working from home for a little bit. (Well, actually I don’t do any work at home – I spend a lot of money at a local coffee shop.) The lease on my house here in New Orleans runs out at the end of June, so I have to move. I was originally thinking of trying to find a short-term (six month) lease here locally. Then my father pointed out that I don’t have anything tying me here at all and suggested that I go do something new and exciting.

At first I thought about buying a sailboat and moving onto it, but it would be a bit of a financial stretch and just isn’t going to happen. So now I’m thinking maybe it might be nice to move to central Florida for a bit so that I can at least go cave diving once or twice a week.

I’m curious to know what people think. A good idea? A bad idea? A really really stupid idea? Any thoughts?

I think it would be really nice if *I* didn't have anything tying me to St. Louis...

Move south. Oh god yes.

Get a copy of the classifieds in the area you are thinking of moving to, check out housing prices, jobs, etc. Get a list, do a road trip and find a place that feels right and go for it. Some papers are online so it makes the search that much easier.

What are you waiting for?

Oh, and I hate you. :)

SueMermaid:
What are you waiting for?

Oh, and I hate you. :)

Yeah, what she said!

Go for it I am taking a year off here in Cali and loving it, mostly the diving

Do it, as soon as I catch up on things financially, I'm contemplating moving from lower AL to central FL as well :D

Back
Top Bottom