Moving back to Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to Colorado diving Ron. Hope you like mud, silt blooms, and crayfish. Winter diving requires travel to the Utah crater (96F) or Santa Rosa's blue hole. Summer diving is muddy but make up for it by having nothing to see :eyebrow:

Seriously, build up your frequent flyers, we dive the mudholes (resevoirs) just to keep up the bouyancy skills. The real diving is at least 4 hours flight away. PM me anytime you want to do a local dive.

Ted

I kinda like the name "High Planes Diving Club" for a forum name since most of us do our diving starting at airports and it is a play on "High Plains".

Whaddya think? Do we have the requisite number (10) of interested people to start our own club? I'll volunteer to work to get it set up if there is interest.

MtnDiver:
I kinda like the name "High Planes Diving Club" for a forum name since most of us do our diving starting at airports and it is a play on "High Plains".

Whaddya think? Do we have the requisite number (10) of interested people to start our own club? I'll volunteer to work to get it set up if there is interest.

I like it. How about some play on Frustrated High Altitude Divers (FHAD?)

BTW, I had my computer set for a 10,000 foot dive last month while diving Truk Lagoon, did a 130 fsw dive and couldn't figure out why my bottom time was so short. I'm sure if a computer could think, it would have wondered "where is this guy finding 130 fsw at 10,000 feet altitude?"

how about the "mile high divers"

add 2 more interested parties from the western slope of colorado that would be interested in a group...... we do spend a bit of time in the airports to better vis

actually if there is interest in starting a state or region club drop me an email. I saw that we need 10 to get one started.

Back
Top Bottom