Moving back to Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heavy D

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm not a newbie to scubaboard but I thought this might be the best place to post. I am moving back to CO after 2 yrs in TX and hoping to meet up with some divers so that I can continue my diving activities. I've been certified for a while but have REALLY gotten back into it for the last year and don't want to slow down any more than I have to. I'll dive pretty much anything and just bought a drysuit in preparation for the move back so I'll be looking for dive buddies and dive locatios. If anybody is interested just send me a pm. Hope to meet some of you.

Ron

BTW, does anybody know of a good shop in CO Springs? Preferably NAUI, and if possible one that carries Scubapro.

Some one has moved this to Midwest - which is a long ways from Colorado. I'll see if I can get it moved to North America for you. It's all us inlanders have...? :D

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum with a short layover in the Midwest Muck Divers forum.

By the way, I've noticed quite a few members on the board from Colorado and also Utah. I don't know if you would all like to communicate with each other here in this forum for the purposes of starting a new club forum for the Rockies, Ski Diver Country or something like that. There seems to be a need, but it will take a few of you formally getting together and asking for it to open another forum.

Hope this forum yields some better results for you than the Intros forum.

Christian
:palmtree: :sunny

If you don, please include the High Plains of Texas. No swamps here, too far from the other Texas functions.

DandyDon:
If you don, please include the High Plains of Texas. No swamps here, too far from the other Texas functions.
Don,

You'll need to get your thinking cap on, there's a good swath inside of the area Southeast Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Eastern Nevada, Utah, Eastern New Mexico, Northcentral Texas, and western tips of Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma that could be served by such a forum.
How to outline the group area? What to name it? Life gets so complicated. Who made up those state boundaries? Definitely wasn't a ScubaBoard Member.

Tom

Nomaster:
Don,

You'll need to get your thinking cap on, there's a good swath inside of the area Southeast Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Eastern Nevada, Utah, Eastern New Mexico, Northcentral Texas, and western tips of Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma that could be served by such a forum.
How to outline the group area? What to name it? Life gets so complicated. Who made up those state boundaries? Definitely wasn't a ScubaBoard Member.

Tom
Yes, the areas served by the North America forum, which is pretty calm, you'll notice. Only have two common subjects:

Santa Rosa New Mexico diving :disappoin and

How to escape to where the real diving is. :yell17:

With the latter being covered in other forums, that kinda' leave us with Santa Rosa. :thinking: I'm afraid I'm not any help here.

I've been 2.5 years from Gulf Coast (Pandhandle) and from what I can figure the best divibg is started at DIA. yep, thats it Travel is the key to dinving here. Sure, you have have the Blue Hole and the Crater (any Denver shop can give you details), and maybe a resovoir near Crested Butte with a couple of sunken towns but they are high altitude...

There's a rumor that a local res will be aeriated and next year have 40-60' vis.. but I wouldn't hold my breath-your lungs will explode...

Anyway, i hope you hav3e better luck diving CO than I did, I am leaving soon ....

Danny

Heavy D:
BTW, does anybody know of a good shop in CO Springs? Preferably NAUI, and if possible one that carries Scubapro.

Hey Ron, welcome aboard (and back to CO).

Both shops in Colorado Springs carry ScubaPro. Both are PADI shops, however.

There are a bunch of shops in Denver that I haven't visited yet, so I can't vouch for affiliations or product lines.

DandyDon:
Yes, the areas served by the North America forum, which is pretty calm, you'll notice. Only have two common subjects:

Santa Rosa New Mexico diving :disappoin and

How to escape to where the real diving is. :yell17:

With the latter being covered in other forums, that kinda' leave us with Santa Rosa. :thinking: I'm afraid I'm not any help here.
There you have your name, after the model of SoCal's Wrinkle's dive: "The Santa Rosa Diving Community" or pick a spot nearer the center of the swath, "Boulder Divers, rock diving at its finest".

Tom

a.w. Sorry (but not ashamed), just couldn't avoid the pun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom