Mounting Twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rupert Vidion

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I recently bought a SeaQuest Pro QD BCD and I noticed that the back plate has two sets of holes moulded in at what appear to be 11" centres. The LDS (from whom I bought the BCD) tells me that they are for mounting doubles to. I have sent a few e-mails to Aqualung and they haven't replied.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the purpose of the holes? If they are for mounting twins would twin 12 steels be acceptable, given the BCD has 15kg of lift.

Cheers,

Rupert

Last edited:
Woops! That one slipped past the old Double-Entendre filter. Maybe that's why aqualung haven't got back to me :wink:

Rupert

Yeah, my mind was definitely on the wrong thing too!

I think it was from reading about the nasty tricks people pull on other during deco, over on TDS!

I guess I'm another perv.

As to the actual question, I've seen enough seaquest bcs falling apart with single tanks that I would definitely say no go to equipping doubles. (but I'd definitely like to mount twins)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom