Mount storm wv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for the map: I made this during my DM mapping project 4 years ago

Yeah, thanks for the map, Jim. I'e added it to the Mt. Storm map collection on my hard drive! :D

The "cycle" is the motorcycle with the memorial plaque on it? As you implied, there's more stuff down there now -- like fixed lines out in that direction. As I remember, there's a line leading NW from the 60' platform (along which the "reindeer" sculpture is), intersecting another line out beyond the motorcycle that you can then follow back to the cycle.

Is there any place close to get air fills?

No place close. Unless Joe from Scubaventures is up there. He has a 40 foot box trailor with a compressor and bank in it. If he is there his trailor will be parked down the road a bit. But you can't count on that.

You can contact him here:

Scubaventures2

Unless Joe from Scubaventures is up there. He has a 40 foot box trailor with a compressor and bank in it. If he is there his trailor will be parked down the road a bit.

Yeah, he was there when we came up for Labor Day Saturday.

Why does he park so far down the road? It was a pull-off area about a mile away, if I remember. Can't he park that thing somewhere in the large parking lot right at the lake?

Does he have rental tanks there too, when he's there?

Yeah, he was there when we came up for Labor Day Saturday.

Why does he park so far down the road? It was a pull-off area about a mile away, if I remember. Can't he park that thing somewhere in the large parking lot right at the lake?

Does he have rental tanks there too, when he's there?

Kind of a long story, but the DNR would not let him park in the lot. They said it was illegal for him to sell anything on State Controlled property. They were making him cover up the sides of his trailor with tarps. It became easier for Joe to just park down the road and do business there.

He does rent tanks and other gear when he is there.

That's a real shame:( I will keep a eye out for the trailer.

They have a calendar here: Scubaventure Dive Center. Dates when the trailer is/was scheduled to be at Mt. Storm are highlighted in yellow.

Last dates marked were over Labor Day -- and, sure enough, it was there Labor Day Saturday when we were there. Didn't look like they were getting any customers that day, though, as we drove by...

Here's a photo of what the trailer looks like: Scubaventures2.

I'd just hate to have to count on the fact that it's hopefully going to be there, when I'm driving three or four hours to get there with probably at least one overnight. But driving with a trunk full of scuba tanks (family of 4) from the DC area ain't fun either...

I'd just hate to have to count on the fact that it's hopefully going to be there, when I'm driving three or four hours to get there with probably at least one overnight. But driving with a trunk full of scuba tanks (family of 4) from the DC area ain't fun either...

Another option might be Mountaineer Scuba, they are in Morgantown, which is 1 1/2 hours away. But, they are up at Storm most weekends and if you called them ahead of time they would probably bring tanks up for you to rent.

Mountaineer Scuba > Home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom