Motoryacht seeking female MSDT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alkaselzer

Reaction score
We are a 160ft motor yacht that is private use in the Caribbean and the Bahamas. We’re taking a maximum of 8 Guests and have a Bauer compressor and equipment for up to 10 Divers on board. Spearfishing (where restrictions allow), wreck and reef diving. The owner is a spearfishing enthusiast and would like someone with experience. The owner prefers female as he believes they are more safety conscientious. Youngish instructor preferred who is in great shape and able to keep up with strenuous diving.

The Person we are looking for will have their own cabin (queen bed with en suite bathroom and shower and all other amenities). Fluent English is a must and being able to run all diving operations including teaching DSD’s. There are rarely also other courses like OWD/AOWD possible. Most dives are done from a 30ft/9m Tender we tow with us and/or the owner's personal dive sportfish (80ft). Besides good teaching skills you would need to have a great flexibility in guiding dives in a broad spectrum of a geographical areas. You should be interested in going out there and discover new areas as you probably will be diving and guiding in places you have never been before.

Besides the Dive Instructor position you may be helping out with the regular interior duties of a luxury yacht and helping the Mate with deck duties. Although this person will be considered the owners' personal dive guide and assistant and will not be expected to perform normal crew duties, only help out when available.

All living coasts and expenses will be covered by the yacht and you will earn a salary that is well above standards of the yachting industry. You will be paid wages commensurate with a personal assistant.

This is a position for a experienced Instructor who wants to step away from a regular dive center/resort job. Great professionalism in all aspects is a must as you will be dealing with high end customers and you should be available to start on ASAP.

If this interests you please send your cv with photo and three professional and one personal reference to...

Please send me a private message for email address as Scubaboard.com will not let me post my email address.

And the person has to be female why?

This is suspect.

......The owner prefers female as he believes they are more safety conscientious. Youngish instructor preferred who is in great shape and able to keep up with strenuous diving.
Jax,

Unless I missed something, the quoted text above should answer your question and was in the original post. However, I do agree it sounds a little out of the ordinary but stranger things have been requested of people here.

N2Deep

As with previous threads, does this include a share of the treasure? The explanation makes it sound even fishier.

Of course, once I get invention cash, I'll be posting an identical ad.

Last edited:
Jax,

Unless I missed something, the quoted text above should answer your question and was in the original post. However, I do agree it sounds a little out of the ordinary but stranger things have been requested of people here.

N2Deep

Color me cynical . . . :whatever:

The Fluent English requirement is actually different.
Chug
Je parle Francaise.

As with previous threads, does this include a share of the treasure? The explanation makes it sound even fishier.

Of course, once I get invention cash, I'll be posting an identical ad.

Me too...right up to the point where my wife cuts my throat and feeds me to the fishes :(
In the words of Wil Smith, "I gotta get me one o' deeze!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom