Motoryacht seeking female MSDT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are a 160ft motor yacht that is private use in the Caribbean and the Bahamas. We’re taking a maximum of 8 Guests and have a Bauer compressor and equipment for up to 10 Divers on board. Spearfishing (where restrictions allow), wreck and reef diving. The owner is a spearfishing enthusiast and would like someone with experience. The owner prefers female as he believes they are more safety conscientious. Youngish instructor preferred who is in great shape and able to keep up with strenuous diving.

The Person we are looking for will have their own cabin (queen bed with en suite bathroom and shower and all other amenities). Fluent English is a must and being able to run all diving operations including teaching DSD’s. There are rarely also other courses like OWD/AOWD possible. Most dives are done from a 30ft/9m Tender we tow with us and/or the owner's personal dive sportfish (80ft). Besides good teaching skills you would need to have a great flexibility in guiding dives in a broad spectrum of a geographical areas. You should be interested in going out there and discover new areas as you probably will be diving and guiding in places you have never been before.

Besides the Dive Instructor position you may be helping out with the regular interior duties of a luxury yacht and helping the Mate with deck duties. Although this person will be considered the owners' personal dive guide and assistant and will not be expected to perform normal crew duties, only help out when available.

All living coasts and expenses will be covered by the yacht and you will earn a salary that is well above standards of the yachting industry. You will be paid wages commensurate with a personal assistant.

This is a position for a experienced Instructor who wants to step away from a regular dive center/resort job. Great professionalism in all aspects is a must as you will be dealing with high end customers and you should be available to start on ASAP.

If this interests you please send your cv with photo and three professional and one personal reference to...
KARL MELLON
c/o: 2100 N. Main St., studio a-11
Los Angeles, CA 90031
captainkarlmellon@gmail.com

2/1/11

Dear sir or madame

I am interested in furthering my experience and career with your company.

I have ten years experience as a S.C.U.B.A. Instructor, with an emphasis in Open Water I with over 500 certification 500 DSD ‘s .

I have nine years experience as an Ocean Lifeguard with the City of San Diego Lifeguard Service.

I have extensive experience in the operation of small water craft up to 40 feet in length. I am STCW certified. I am also certified in Advanced First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, EMT (lapsed ) and Prehospital Care for S.C.U.B.A. Diving Accidents.

My experience as a S.C.U.B.A. Instructor, Lifeguard and Boat Operator make me a valuable addition to your staff. I believe a position with your company would be mutually beneficial.

Attached is my resumé. I look forward to your response. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Karl Mellon
PADI Instructor 167020

Attachments

• karl's_dive_resume_10.pdf
    250.8 KB · Views: 392
I list with a few yacht crew placement sites and this is not an unusual request for this type of position in the yachting industry.

Hi!
My name is Rebecca, I'm 22 years old and from Sweden. I did my OWSI with ProDive in Cairns, Australia, and also 5 specialties in Yongala, thus wreck, underwater digital photography, deep, enriched air, emergency oxygen provider, and also an EFR instructor.
I've worked in Belize as an instructor on Isla Marisol, as well as on Koh Phi Phi, Thailand as an instructor, and am currently in the Bahamas, working at Stuart Cove's Diving center. Also, I'm both PADI and SSI, so I am able to teach both organizations. I've got around 62 certs of different levels, including 3 divemaster certifications.

I love diving so much, I've always been more under than above water, and I love to learn new things and to contribute with everything i can. Moreover, I used to to synchronized swimming as well, and have done internship on a liveaboard, been and worked on several liveaboards, and also worked as a hostie on several boats. I would be honoured if I could get the opportunity to come and work with you. I speak english & Swedish fluently, though Norweigans and Danish people and me understand and speak with each other in our own languages, and I have also studied Spanish level 1- 3.
I'll attach my CV and pics, and am looking forwards to hear from you.
Best regards!
Cheers Rebecca!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi!
My name is rebecca, i'm 22 years old and from sweden. I did my owsi with prodive in cairns, australia, and also 5 specialties in yongala, thus wreck, underwater digital photography, deep, enriched air, emergency oxygen provider, and also an efr instructor.
I've worked in belize as an instructor on isla marisol, as well as on koh phi phi, thailand as an instructor, and am currently in the bahamas, working at stuart cove's diving center. Also, i'm both padi and ssi, so i am able to teach both organizations. I've got around 62 certs of different levels, including 3 divemaster certifications.

I love diving so much, i've always been more under than above water, and i love to learn new things and to contribute with everything i can. Moreover, i used to to synchronized swimming as well, and have done internship on a liveaboard, been and worked on several liveaboards, and also worked as a hostie on several boats. I would be honoured if i could get the opportunity to come and work with you. I speak english & swedish fluently, though norweigans and danish people and me understand and speak with each other in our own languages, and i have also studied spanish level 1- 3.
I'll attach my cv and pics, and am looking forwards to hear from you.
Best regards!
Cheers rebecca!
bingo!

Last edited by a moderator:
The last place I would post a resume for a job like this is on here. Tells your competition exactly what they are up against and also demonstrates an inability to follow directions. Poster asked for resumes' to be sent to a specific place. I was taught to never give the competition an edge or disregard instructions when applying for a position.

fyi, the last time alkaselzer was on SB was 1/13/11...

All the years that I was a ship's captain without the internet to keep the Captain's Toy Supply Line open... damn...
I was pretty much stuck with whatever crossed the gunwales on Oahu - nothing like this thread. Almost, almost makes me want to go back to sea.

Eye candy, just like in advertising. If you are going to charter a yacht for a week, what would you like to see in a bathing suit all week. an Angela Lansbury look alike or a Jennifer Anniston look alike.

Jennifer Anniston :eyebrow:

I would have thought that the luxurious amenities of the cabin included with this job offer would be more suitable for a guest couple than a single crew person.

Back
Top Bottom