Motionsick...should I liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my moderator's voice:

Let's keep it cool in here please, folks.

Sorry I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. There's some misinformation on this thread and I am simply trying to correct it. Wouldn't want some divers to read this thread and think "I better not use that seasickness medication because that other diver got Glaucoma from it!".

I've got nothing to add other than what I've already posted, other than to say it's an easy matter for any interested diver to search on the symptoms of glaucoma and compare it to what was posted on this thread by a diver who believes she suffered from that condition as a result of taking a seasickness medication.

Peace, out.

I think those darn drugs can be pretty dangerous. I have gotten seasick on several 3 day Channel Islands liveaboards, and I used to take Dramamine, or Bonine, and it just made me feel drugged out, and it didn’t even stop me from vomiting. Finally I noticed that on the third day I got my sea legs, that’s why I posted the thing about sea legs. I started to wonder if the Meds might even be delaying the Sea Legs adaptation. I think the key for me might be actually to go on a longer live aboard, barf it out right away I’m going to get seasick, and then turn into a sailor. Not everyone gets their Sea Legs of course, but I have read that most do, I have experienced it, and I think the original poster should be aware of it, as well as the possible temporary Land sickness afterwards.

Type of boat really matters, a larger more stable boat is better, and for me a sailing vessel is better than a motor boat. You also feel much better if you have the helm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom