Motion sickness glasses-scam or legit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a strong mind body connection to SeaSickness and the placebo effect can be a Real treatment for this condition. A lot of the devices that people use for motion sickness have no medical basis yet do provide relief for some. Who's to say these won't work for someone who believes in them.

There is a strong mind body connection to SeaSickness and the placebo effect can be a Real treatment for this condition. A lot of the devices that people use for motion sickness have no medical basis yet do provide relief for some. Who's to say these won't work for someone who believes in them.

Shhhhhh! You'll ruin it for the believers!

Gorgeous! You'll definitely be the highlight on the boat.

Myself, I'd be very happy to rock that look rather than puking over the side.

My wife was miserable on the ferry from PDC to COZ at night. There were some decent swells and no moonlight to look at the horizon. Since then, she uses peppermint and lavender. I know the peppermint is in little droplets to crunch or swallow, but I don't know about the lavender. She was on another ferry with these herbs and didn't have a problem.

It's not the dilation that makes it hard to read your gauges. It's the parasympatholitic effect of the medication that simulates presbyopia by inducing temporary paresis of the ciliary muscles which prevents them from pulling on the intraocular lens resulting in an inability to accommodate or focus for nearpoint.
That's what I was thinking too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom