Mothers Day Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craborn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am very proud to say that my mother is also a diver. Everything I have ever wanted to do she has jumped in and joined me. Including Horses, taekwondo and Scuba. I thought it would be appropriate to do a tribute to MOMS for Mothers Day!!!
My wife and I just had a little girl and in January and have another on the way.
She has given up diving for a while so we can start our family. She is also a wonderful
WITHOUT MOTHERS WHERE WOULD WE BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to give thanks for my mother as well (she's 89 and can still beat most of us at golf!), and also my wife (the mother to my children). Both have been exquisitely patient every time I told them I would be heading out to sea to dive, or to take another course, or just about anything that goes along with my passion for the sport. They've been supportive and remained calm as I struggled to cope with diving disasters, and they have both been compasionate listeners to my stories and concerns in regards to diving. I can honestly say the women in my life (including my two daughters, too) have been remarkable and continue to do so.
So here's to Moms! God bless 'em!

moms, gotta love them

my mother used to ride my motorcyle with me. after i crashed it real good (she wasn't with me), she still wanted to ride afterwards.

i figured, no way. i'll kill myself, but i'm not taking my mom (or wife) with me.

but it says a lot that my mom would still want to ride with me after i totally
screwed the pooch

:wink:

My mom stays with my son when I go diving. Thanks mom. One day, I hope my son starts a thread about me. A positive one that is. He'd better. I'm taking him to Bonaire in August.

On this upcomming mothersday will be the first with out my mother. She Died back in October from problems durning a quadruple bypass. We love and miss her in everything that we do. Life will never be the same.

Also my wife is getting her OW for mothersday. She has been waiting to get certified for a while now.

Paul, I am very sorry about your mom. My prayers are with you and your family.
My mother found out she had a brain tumor three years ago. They were able to treat it with a new procedure called "Gamaknife" and today she is healthy and alive. Thanks, God.....
Congratulations for your wife. I love my wife diving with me. It makes it a lot of fun for us guys..... Clay

Fairy,, they aprreciate you now, even if they are to young to know it...

craborn:
Paul, I am very sorry about your mom. My prayers are with you and your family.
My mother found out she had a brain tumor three years ago. They were able to treat it with a new procedure called "Gamaknife" and today she is healthy and alive. Thanks, God.....
Congratulations for your wife. I love my wife diving with me. It makes it a lot of fun for us guys..... Clay

Thanks, I appriciate it. I am glad to hear that your mother is doing so well. When things are bad, you loose touch with life. Thank god I have diving!

I am running out of time! I for the life of me can not figure out what to get my wife, the mother of our three kids, for Mother's day! Panic time!

Maybe a new BC? Maybe a new regulator? Maybe a new mask? Maybe a cool new dive watch? Oh wait! She doesn't dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom