Most liberal modern computer,deep and multi day.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving a Cochran for three years now. Based on my experience it's very liberal. Its more liberal than a Buhlmann computer at 100/100 and a VPM-B computer at 0. If you want a computer that won't nag you, won't every lock you out and give you lots of NDL it's a Cochran.

I dive an EMC-20H and my buddy dives an EMC-16. We both have lots of NDL left when the RGBM and Buhlmann-based computers start into deco. It's so liberal it's the only computer where I've set conservatism. I've inched conservatism slowly up to 30 (out of a possible 50, most conservative) and I still have many more minutes of NDL than others. When I go into recreational deco (i.e. unplanned, single-digit deco) it often clears if I spend some quality time at 40-ish and above depths. So spend some quality time on top of the wall for a few minutes.

On dives with deco of 20 minutes or less the Cochran at 30 conservatism is like a 35/95 Buhlmann and is more liberal than VPM-B at 0.

The EMC-20H is a little more conservative than the EMC-16.

The only downside is that the no-fly times are long, sometimes 36 hours. So I go with the default 24 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom