Mossman in Cozumel, day 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy crap, I was blown away by dinner tonight. Forget about all that BS people say about AI restaurants vs. independents, I just ate the very best steak I've ever had in Cozumel at the Sonora steakhouse at the OG. Starter was an excellent Aztec soup, a chili-tomato broth with tortilla strips and diced panela cheese. Then I had the filete arriera, a perfectly grilled medium-rare 10 oz filet without any fat or gristle that easily exceeded the quality of "choice" steaks I've had in the states at $25-$30. The potato and onion saute that accompanied it could have been more flavorable, or a sauce included, but it far exceeded my expectations from an AI (and was much better than any steak I had at the more-expensive Cozumel Palace). Dessert was a mediocre "chocoflan" - I'd had better in La Paz - but they made up for it by making me a decaf "special" coffee with Kahlua and Xtabentun, with the traditionally crystallized red sugar around the rim and a healthy dollop of real whipped cream. Total price: $0, but I left a fiver on the table to show my appreciation.

Both strobe batteries charged, will quickly assemble them tomorrow before my oh-so-nicely-late 8:15 pickup. For now, I'm surprised I made it up this late after my 2 hours of sleep last night. Goodnight Scubaboard, and please stay tuned for Mossman in Cozumel, day 2!

What! No pictures of you all tucked in in your pajamas?

Holy crap, I was blown away by dinner tonight. Forget about all that BS people say about AI restaurants vs. independents, I just ate the very best steak I've ever had in Cozumel at the Sonora steakhouse at the OG.....

If you would like to up the ante, spring for a meal at the Royal Club restaurant. From my very limited experience, seating times are no problem.

If you would like to up the ante, spring for a meal at the Royal Club restaurant. From my very limited experience, seating times are no problem.
That's tonight (I had tried for last night but they couldn't get me in).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom