Cozumel (and Cenote) Vacation Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diggie

Registered
Reaction score
2nd time filming underwater, first time with the SeaLife case and my phone. I definitely need to improve technique of avoiding camera shake especially while monitoring my surroundings to avoid bumping into anything. First time also using FCP....so much to learn :)

1st part is some from a few night dives, 2nd part is from the C53 wreck and the end is from a couple cenotes (Choc Moul and Kukulkan). The cenote footage was purchased from the onsite videographer as cameras were not allowed there.

I really liked the octopus. What was the camera mounted on?

i love the video but if you used a gopro 11 that would have been as smooth as my freshly waxed legs.

I've used gopro's in the past(out of water) and was never personally a big fan of the workflow. I like to share a lot of the videos with quick edits on the phone with a few friends and family. For me I enjoy the workflow better....now if I could only get my skill using it up to par :p Hopefully with a few more times using it I will see improvements. Appreciate the feedback.

2nd time filming underwater, first time with the SeaLife case and my phone. I definitely need to improve technique of avoiding camera shake especially while monitoring my surroundings to avoid bumping into anything. First time also using FCP....so much to learn :)

1st part is some from a few night dives, 2nd part is from the C53 wreck and the end is from a couple cenotes (Choc Moul and Kukulkan). The cenote footage was purchased from the onsite videographer as cameras were not allowed there.

I had a hard time watching too, due to the jittery nature of the clips.

Fwiw, this doesn't feel like completely user introduced jitter in the shooting. It looks more like a playback/technical sync issue, or something like that, or maybe some kind of stabilization setting issue, or possibly a loose mounting issue. There's something that doesn't feel natural to me regarding the jittery nature of the video. I don't know what FCP is, but there could be a format issue between that software (?) and the camera? Maybe some kind of processing dropped frames or something like that?

At 3:20, for instance, I really notice an unnatural nature to the video. It really stands out to me when the camera is moving from one subject to another.

Nice colors and cool octopus footage!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom