Morrisons Dive report (29 Sept)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grumby, still waiting :camera: :bored2:

Hey T,
I am still waiting as well. I guess once Josh gets some free time, he will post them. Halftime is getting ready to put back out to sea for a few, so we will have to do without his.

Grumby

Yeah yeah, so late is better than nothing... not gonna post a report because other than my log, and Halftime getting a bit cold at the end of the Cypress dives, I don't remember much about the dives now!

Here's some pics... just wait a while for all of them to load, or if you're on dial-up, go get some coffee!

IMG_4229.JPG

IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4232.JPG

IMG_4231.JPG

IMG_4234.JPG

IMG_4239.JPG

IMG_4267.JPG

IMG_4285.JPG

IMG_4300.JPG

IMG_4309.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4388.JPG

IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

Hell yeah, that was about a 4 foot (longer??) copperhead... the entrance to the run to Cypress is in the background, it was on Holmes creek. There's a couple more pics on my site (link to gallery below)

20070929-MorrisonCypressBeckton

Next time get closer to the snake, let us get a better look at her! :D

The shots of Becton actually make it look a bit inviting - LOL

Next time get closer to the snake, let us get a better look at her! :D

The shots of Becton actually make it look a bit inviting - LOL

I actually stopped the boat to
1) get pictures
2) stay the hell away from that thing

copperheads are notoriously mean, at least on land... I have had one actually chase me.

Becton was actually fairly decent to dive! I handled a big 14" or so softshell turtle, brought it up to Halftime... you could see almost all the way across the large bowl area.

There was actually some slight feed coming from the other side of the bowl too, is there another boil a little further up??

Nope, there is a the main run, but also Holmes Creek feeds into the opposite side via low swamplands. In times of high water, you can actually travel through the swamp and it makes for a much shorter ride to Becton compared to riding all the way down the creek to where the Becton's run meets it. This also brings tannic water into the mix, probably not a big issue when you guys were there since the entire creek was pretty much crystal clear! :D

I actually stopped the boat to
1) get pictures
2) stay the hell away from that thing

copperheads are notoriously mean, at least on land... I have had one actually chase me.

I second the fact that copperheads are mean. Of all the poisonous species in our neck of the woods, they are probably the meanest. Racers will raise their heads and chase you too, but, of course, they aren't poisonous.

Nice pics. Is by boat the only way into Morrisson right now?

Nope-ish.

There is a boat ramp in the run that can be used to swim to the basin(150-200m swim). Its on private property, but apparently its very easy to get permission to utilize it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom