Morrison update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogxman

Contributor
Reaction score
On last Saturday I had a chance to dive on J.C Morrison wreck in Barrie. I liked the conditions more than in winter. Definitely less tar in the water. It was a pretty rainy day, and half of the way to the wreck the water was clear as mud, butwe crossed that on the surface. It was interesting to see this cloud on the way back under the surface - looks like a unpenetrable wall not mixing with the clear water. The visibility on the wreck was good.
Water temperature - 50. We tried to follow the line going from the wreck to the east. It is going over small tombs. Followed the line for some time but didn'tfind anything. Anybody knows where does this line follow?

If it's the line I think you mean, connecting a bunch of round cement columns, you're following the outflow of the waste treatment plant. I'd recommend you don't go there. :wink:
Did you find the paddle wheel? It's a bit East of the wreck, around the mid point I think. Last I was there, no line to it.
Could you estimate vis (5 feet, 10 feet, more) rather than just "good"? My first dive on her was early Oct, 01 and vis was 15 to 20 feet and a lot of fish. Dives last August and December both had 10 feet or less (although the August dive was a weekend with lots of students around).

Ok, it is good that we were not very persistent - I would not want to go to the waste treatment plant outflow.:eek:

As for the water - the visibility on the wreck was about 15 feet.
A lot of fish (quite a big one) too. A lot of crayfish too. Quite agressive. :)

We found the wheel - the half of it (probably the underwater part at the time of fire). It was very easy to find (may be it moved closer?) following the wreck remains from the buoy line.

There was a group of open water divers doing their checkout dive (probably the first one). They went down near the shore and immediately popped to the surface and aborted the dive, I think. I can understand that - the water was clear as mud near the shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom